Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

what languages do i use to code this? browser based calculator for crafting in a game

bloodyrazer

New Coder
so im trying to make my own crafting calculator and share it with everyone in my game clan.

heres an example of someone elses attempt at making a browser based calculator for this game but it doesnt work very well just notice how they have input fields for data
https://it4ly.altervista.org/tool/price_calculator/index.html

what im trying to do is kinda the same but idk what languages i need for all that
i need the user to be able to enter in the base data for the prices of materials (these prices always change in the game so they need to be entered manually first)

theres 7 types of materials
so lets say theres 7 input fields (some resource materials are only sold in 10s and 100s and some only in 100s and 1000s)

electronics
[ Enter price of __] for 10
[ Enter price of __] for 100

scrap metal
[ Enter price of __] for 100
[ Enter price of __] for 1000

the data needs to be carried from that input field over to another one to run the equations

so if it needs
([x amount of stuff] + [x amount of stuff] = total cost of stuff)
it would look more like this for an item

requires resources and required items
100 scrap 2 gas gen
750 electronics 2tracks
750 copper 1cabin
750 batteries

prices of the 5 other required items need to be manually input unless if they were carried in from somewhere else in the page

but thats the general idea i need input fields and i need a way to carry over the data from the input fields and a way to add sutract multiply add or whatever mostly jsut addition and subtracting 10% for sales tax when selling the finished item in the game market

Last edited:
yup i found a video on youtube that showed the basics of how to do exactly what i was looking for :cool:
its just basic math with js thats all
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yup i found a video on youtube that showed the basics of how to do exactly what i was looking for :cool:
its just basic math with js thats all
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Awesome! Glad you found some read pieces to help you, and I appreciate you sharing as well! Has this thread been solved?

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom