Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

What should be the first step of building website?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

I’m looking to challenge myself and want to build a one page website. I want to get started but I’m having difficulty on starting because I don’t know where to start.

Can someone share a guideline I should follow, and what should my first step be?

Well personaly i would learn the language I would code it in. and if you want your website to be advanced or not. if you just want a simple website then you could use web development (html, css, js, json) they are very easy languages to learn in my opinion but everyone is different. hope this helps :).

Thanks you! I know quite a bit of HTML and CSS, so I could probably start building from there then as I’m learning JavaScript implement it into my website.

I remember looking at codesandbox from one of the issues you wanted help with. I honestly never heard of thimble. I’ll have to give it a try! Code Forum will have an IDE it’s own again soon.

I believe planning. create a mind map of what you want to do, make sure you know what you are aiming to achieve and start from there as for learning html itself i would advise going to w3schools website and looking at some of the stuff there. Thats where i learnt most of my html and why i can make such great websites
-thanks Corey

A Web development process is a documented outline of the steps needed to be taken from start to finish in order to complete a typical Web design project. It divides and categorizes the work and then breaks these high-level sections into tasks and resources that can be used as a road map for each project.

Important steps in publishing a site are

1. Creating your website: First, you have to create a website
2. Using WordPress: WordPress is one free content management system that is used by millions of blogging laymen
3. Custom Web Design
4. Get a hosting plan
5. Publish your website

Well, first of all. You must know the three Core Languages of Web-Development:
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript
These are the main Languages used throughout every Website and so knowledge of them is required to build a Website(But knowledge of JavaScript isn't essential unless Web-Development is your career).

Second of all. Create a rough sketch of what the Website will look like. Will everything be in the center, will the Navigation-Menu be at the bottom, sides or top? You get the idea. Maybe create a few Designs and see what you like best.

Next, try creating that rough sketch using HTML, CSS (And maybe JS). Again, this is your rough sketch that you're making so it won't look perfect at first.

Once you've experimented with your Designs, it's now time to actually make the damn thing. Start doing things piece by piece. Start with the Title of your Page, then the Navigation-Menu and then the actual content of it. That's how I work on Pages and it works perfectly for me.

Hope this helps! :)

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom