Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What was the first coding language that you learned?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
What was the first coding language that you learned?
I learned HTML first, I’m assuming most have. Then I learned CSS!

Definitely HTML of course that's considered a markup. I'm actually learning my real first coding language now being PHP. @Malcolm I hear it's much easier after the first language you learn to code anything after that. Since there are so many similarities.

Ohh that's awesome! I'll probably learn some PHP very soon, I wanted to get a bit of my C++ online course out of the way before I start anything else.

As a youngster, I don't really know what language it was. It was the very early 90s. What was the big language at that time? Anyway, as an adult - I first got into HTML.

As a youngster, I don't really know what language it was. It was the very early 90s. What was the big language at that time? Anyway, as an adult - I first got into HTML.
I believe C was very popular in the 90s, could have been that. Do you like HTML?
I learned C, HTML and C++
Did you learn in this particular order? I would think learning C would be very difficult at the beginning.
I am happy to share my thoughts on this forum. Well, The first coding language which I learnt is HTML and Python
Awesome! Thank you for the share! :)

I began with a Language a lot of People seem to begin with nowadays which is HTML5. But that the Language that I actually started with before I learned HTML5 was a Modified Version of Lua for the Kids Online Building-Game, ROBLOX. It was just a modified Version of Lua to better suit ROBLOX. I have of course, quit ROBLOX now as I've grown out of it.

Then, I actually learned HTML5 on Codecademy and it was incredible. I was amazed at what I was learning. After that, I began learning other Languages like CSS and Python.

If it weren't for ROBLOX and it's modified Version of Lua, I probably never would've began learning HTML5 or any Programming Language in General.

I started with essential html, progressed into CSS then started playing with Java. But overbound the scripting is quite interesting and follows some similar rules.

I think it was Visual Basic in terms of programming languages. Honestly, that was such a long time ago that I can't even remember any of it and couldn't even write a Hello World program lol.

If we're including HTML that would be my first, since you could only make HTML based modifications to the first forum software that I used (ezboard).

Following that it would have been Perl. My knowledge was basic, but was able to write bits of code for UBB before switching to vBulletin which was PHP based.

In Order:
Lua
HTML
Python
CSS
C#(Basics)
JS (a little bit)
Oo wow! What’s Lua? Never heard of it before. :thinking:

Learned PHP about ten years ago off a seriously web 1.0 tutorial site. Good times!
Hahah I’m still trying to push myself to learn to PHP, keep saying to @TopSilver i will but never got around to it. But does the site still exist? Hoping CodeForum will become a place for people to learn coding/programming!

I started with essential html, progressed into CSS then started playing with Java. But overbound the scripting is quite interesting and follows some similar rules.
Yeah same here! But never learned Java! I really want to learn more languages but with work I can never find time. I’m hoping after I move I can get my butt moving!

I think it was Visual Basic in terms of programming languages. Honestly, that was such a long time ago that I can't even remember any of it and couldn't even write a Hello World program lol.
Hahaha you should learn again! :)

If we're including HTML that would be my first, since you could only make HTML based modifications to the first forum software that I used (ezboard).

Following that it would have been Perl. My knowledge was basic, but was able to write bits of code for UBB before switching to vBulletin which was PHP based.
It seems like a lot of new Coders/programmers start with HTML in my opinion. When did you learn HTML?

Very interesting, thanks for sharing :)

I learned HTML/CSS by designing MySpace profile page overlays with divs & other elements.
Then I moved on to modifying forum & blog themes, then finally making my own and learning how to create designs from scratch.

My first actual programming language that I learned was technically VB, but I didn't understand much of it & followed tutorials closely without really understanding everything. Then I learned Java, but that was in school and we didn't do too much with GUI applications. We mostly worked with the console (Command prompt). I would consider the first language that I fully learned being PHP. I learned how to create pretty complex systems quickly and made a couple thousand dollars within the first few months of learning. It's been a good few years now, so PHP comes easy. I also learned all about SQL databases, which uses a query language to access & manipulate data. I then learned how to write jQuery & core JavaScript. Lately I have been learning Java again, but doing it from scratch & for GUI applications instead of with the more graphic limited command prompt.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom