Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's the difference between Coding & Programming, your opinion?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

Currently writing an article for Code Forum about the difference between coding & programming and I have learned a lot from this. And I want to know what you think the differences are between Coding & Programming; there's no right or wrong answer I want to see what you think.

See please free to comment down below and tell me the difference between coding & programming!

Well, first, let me take out the ing out of Coding and the ming out of Programming.

When I hear Code, I usually think of it as the Source-Code to a Program. When I hear Program, I think of executable Software than can be run on the User's Computer.

But as for Coding and Programming. I usually see them as identical but just two different words. In my Opinion, they're extremely similar to me so I don't see much of a difference but that might not be the case.

Currently writing an article for Code Forum
Owo, what's this? CF Blog?
1568146648086.png

[Dan-Kode's CF Conspiracy Podcast part 1, incoming!]

I always thought of coding and programming to be the same, but software development to be the task that encompasses the extras: analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment.

When I hear Code, I usually think of it as the Source-Code to a Program. When I hear Program, I think of executable Software than can be run on the User's Computer.
I'll be honest, I never looked at it in that way! Great way to look at it. :)
Owo, what's this? CF Blog?
1568146648086.png
Ohhh nothing.... :smiling_imp:
I always thought of coding and programming to be the same, but software development to be the task that encompasses the extras: analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment.
Same here! Currently doing a little more research so I can help explain in a post I'll be releasing shortly!

I'll be honest, I never looked at it in that way! Great way to look at it.
Yeah, it is. I'd actually recommend looking at it that way. Code for the Source-Code, Program for an Executable File that can be ran on a Computer.

Coding and Programming are just the same thing, but two different words.
Ohhh nothing....
Yeah, I need to start a Conspiracy-Podcast for CF. It details every secret thing Malcolm is doing in the background.

So I spent many hours going through articles, blogs etc. Even asked a few of my Discord friends and one said that they are pretty much the same. And we talked for quite a bit and I have to agree with his opinion.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom