Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

windows 7 cmd batch file need to copy text file to another file excluding the first two lines

lovebug

Active Coder
hi guys, thanks in advance :D

so ive written a windows .bat file that compiles my code and other things, all working fine

i would like to add to this a command that can copy default.txt to final.txt but only from lines 3 onwards skipping the first two lines

ive been unable to find a command to do this in cmd's help

i hope someone has help, thanks

This is real easy once you know the command to use:
Code:
echo > final.txt
for /f "skip=2 tokens=*" %%s in (default.txt) do (
    echo %%s >> final.txt
)

thanks for the reply

all i get is a file generated with "echo is off" and none of the text from the original file

it was making a total mess of things, i added a delims which helped a bit but its deleting all the new lines hmmm
Code:
rem --------------------------------------------------
rem  update README.md with new build number
rem --------------------------------------------------
echo Build %bbcProjectBuildBin% > ..\readme.build
for /f "skip=1 delims=¬" %%s in (..\README.md) do (
    echo %%s >> ..\readme.build
    )
del /q ..\README.md
ren ..\readme.build README.md

this worked 100% thanks :D
Code:
echo Build %bbcProjectBuildBin%> ..\readme.build.md
for /f "skip=1 tokens=*" %%s in (..\README.md) do (
    echo %%s>> ..\readme.build.md
    )
del /q ..\README.md
ren ..\readme.build.md README.md

and heres the generated README.md output on github https://github.com/LoveBug2084/LadyBug

i do my game development with beebasm and beebem running on this laptop in windows 7, no reason i guess

i could use linux mint for development, just means reinstalling everything :(

i do my game development with beebasm and beebem running on this laptop in windows 7, no reason i guess

i could use linux mint for development, just means reinstalling everything :(
Ah gotcha. Hope you don't mind the no longer support for Win 7 from good ol Microsoft

Strange that my lines initially resulted in an empty file for you. I tested them and they worked exactly like you wanted, make a copy of the file but minus the first two lines. Anyway, good you got it sorted out now.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom