Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented Would you be interested in Coding challenges?

Would you be interested?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

I'm working on a new event to bring to CodeForum and I want your input and perhaps suggestions that could make these challenges exciting. The idea is to have weekly/monthly coding challenges where members are given a challenge and have to complete it using any language or perhaps with a language that is picked. A challenge may be from easy to extremely difficult and code be things solve problems etc. The code challenges will all be done within a certain time frame and who ever wins gets a prize.

How to determine a winner is still in debate. Perhaps we code do different categories, neat code, executable code etc.

What are your suggestions?

Edit: Poll has been added.

Hello Coders!

I'm working on a new event to bring to CodeForum and I want your input and perhaps suggestions that could make these challenges exciting. The idea is to have weekly/monthly coding challenges where members are given a challenge and have to complete it using any language or perhaps with a language that is picked. A challenge may be from easy to extremely difficult and code be things solve problems etc. The code challenges will all be done within a certain time frame and who ever wins gets a prize.

How to determine a winner is still in debate. Perhaps we code do different categories, neat code, executable code etc.

CodeForum Code Crunch!?!

I mean, I'm not going to say no to a competition with a prize lol. But honestly, it would depend on what type of challenges they are and how long they might take as well.

I mean, I'm not going to say no to a competition with a prize lol. But honestly, it would depend on what type of challenges they are and how long they might take as well.
What would be a good timeframe to you?

One week. lol.
It doesn't always have to cater to me but maybe smaller challenges that might take an hour or two to complete. Challenges like that.
Perhaps depending on the difficulty - easy to difficult, we could have it be a couple hours to a week. What do you think of this?

• Love
Reactions: Ash
Hello Coders!

Edit: Poll has been added.
This would definitely be a good addition to CodeForum and look forward to seeing the challenges, perhaps even join in!

yes, this would be great. I think the following should be considered for deciding a winner...
  • secure & "unbreakable" code
  • efficient / clean code
The competition should take the average coder a couple hours to complete so that everyone has a chance.
People with jobs can't spend a week trying to win a forum competition for a small prize.

Would we have different challenges for different programming languages? Or would we have one task and everyone can choose how they solve it?

Would we have different challenges for different programming languages? Or would we have one task and everyone can choose how they solve it?
For the most part it’ll be any language. And you must figure out how the solve it.

Reactions: Ash

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom