Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

sonnystupid

New Coder
IMG-5838.jpg

here's the navbar's original home not going away, the dark brown bar is what i need help removing
IMG-5836.jpg
image of my problem, you can see the white line is the drop-down content hiding, and the navbar itself is sticky, however the drop-down isn't showing.
So i'm trying to get a navbar to stick out over all the properties on a website i'm using, but for some reason I'm stuck on how to fix it since it's not working.
here's the code i have so far:

CSS:
background: #5b3914 url(images/menu/menugradient.png) repeat-x;
        position: fixed;
        top: 0;
        z-index: 9999;
}

.navbar a {
    color:#dfc79d;

}

.dropdown .dropbtn {
        color:#dfc79d;

}

.dropdown-content a {
     color:#000;
     position: sticky;
     z-index: 9999;
     display: block;

}

.navbar a:hover, .dropdown:hover .dropbtn {
  background-color: #b67942;

}
.navbar {
    background: #01c7fc url(images/menu/menugradient.png) repeat-x;
}

.header {
  padding: 10px 16px;
  background: #555;
  color: #f1f1f1;
}

.content {
  padding: 16px;
}

.sticky {
  position: fixed;
  top: 0;
  width: 100%
}

.sticky + .content {
  padding-top: 102px;
}

I'm also stuck on how to get the remaining navbar set in place by the code to go away, that image is the first one attached up top, my apologies for the mess, i have no idea how to use this forum 🥲

Last edited by a moderator:
@ sunny CSS with the HTML missing is worthless. Please enter your HTML using the </> located above and to the right in the post-it box.
AND tell us what selector your first rule pertains to, it is missing

But it looks like the drop-down may be the cause. Change the z-index on it.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom