Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recent content by fdk

  1. fdk

    PHP Problem with game development

    Gah! This is such an obvious issue and has had me absolutely stumped for almost a week... goes to show I have a long way to learn. I've resolved the issue now and cooldowns are being enforced properly! Thank you both of you guys so much for your help :)
  2. fdk

    fdk is here!

    I'm looking to build in mainly PHP, only because it's the only language I have any experience in whatsoever (and even then only basic). I'd love to hear/know more about your own game project! Please feel free to share details if you feel comfortable. :)
  3. fdk

    PHP Problem with game development

    Just to add - I attempted a full rewrite, using a separate database table as I did with my other cooldown feature that is working, and for some reason, I still can't resolve the issue. Here is the new code: <?php session_start(); require_once 'db_connect.php'; if...
  4. fdk

    PHP Problem with game development

    Thanks so much for your help! I really don't know what the issue could be - I'm using a cooldown in another area of the game and that functionality is working just fine with very similar code, so really stuck as to what I'm missing, hence why it's taken me so long to work on it.
  5. fdk

    PHP Problem with game development

    Thanks so much for your reply! The first solution did not help at all - so I'm guessing this is not the problem. The second solution has actually broken my page - it may be that the code isn't compatible with other code in the file. I've tried to play around but can't get it to work again. I...
  6. fdk

    Looking to hire developer

    I'm interested in hiring a developer to take the lead in building a text-based game played primarily through a browser. I have an idea for how I'd like the game to look and play, it involves minimal graphics and I have a few example games I can send any interested party so they can get a feel...
  7. fdk

    fdk is here!

    Hi everyone, fdk here! I'm from the UK, in my late 20s. Messed around a bit and did some very basic coding in my teenage years, having taken a long leave of absence from anything internet-related for a while I've decided to try my hand at properly learning some coding skills and my dream is to...
  8. fdk

    PHP Problem with game development

    Hi all, I'm a super new coder and I've set myself a project of building a small text-based game played in the browser to learn skills. I've built some basic features of my game and one of these is a gym, which I've been struggling with for a few days now without success. Essentially, as you...
Back
Top Bottom