Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recent content by LKinneyX23

  1. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    I appreciate your attempt to help, but I honestly have no idea what you're saying with this last post. I guess I'll just tell my friend it can't be done. Not by me anyway. Thanks for trying.
  2. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    I clued in why your exact code wasn't working for me like for you - you didn't link to the CSS. Which makes sense, but obviously on my end, those links you had were valid and it was pulling in the CSS. I broke all the links to the CSS and got your results. That at least explains that. That's...
  3. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    But I copied and pasted your code and I got what I posted above with the images all wonky, while it doesn't look that way for you. Also your new code put back the "col-sm-4," so I am beyond confused why we're getting different things with the same code (aside from yours just not having the...
  4. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    I appreciate your help, by the way. I am just...I'm not getting it. There's a reason I truly hate coding. 🤣
  5. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    You've removed all the other coding though. I need the header, background, etc. Is not possible to have the page with the header, background, all of that and have the images display this way? If not, then I guess we can't do that. My friend might be fine with losing the background for this...
  6. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    I need it to work on a desktop too though. Desktop, that gives me: "Phone" (shrinking down the desktop): (not sure why the first picture is messed up in both). Here it is online.
  7. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    Okay, I see you removed "col-sm-4." That did make large images, but they are in a single column for me now with the footer beside them. I don't see how you moved the footer, I just see the text line I need between the items and the footer is gone. Did you make changes to the CSS? What is all...
  8. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    I'm not entirely clear what you changed. I can see it uncentered the top text though. Do feel free to talk "down" to me. I've taught myself a lot, but it's a lot of trial and error with code, rather than fully understanding what I am doing. Coding is not my thing and it's way too complicated...
  9. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    Sorry for the delay. I've been busy and I wanted to toss up a fake page I can actually share. Here is me inserting the code into the website's coding: TEST (CSS file is here.) As you can see, it makes a mess. I'm not sure how to correct this. Thanks for the help!
  10. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    Awesome!! Thanks! I'll have to find some time to plug it in to the actual site and see what it does there and then see I may need some more help, but I'll take a look myself first now that I have something that is exactly what my friend was looking for. Thank you SO MUCH!!!
  11. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    Okay, so something in my code is making it not look like your sample. However, in both cases, the pictures are not resizing, they are being cropped. I need them to shrink, not cut off the image, otherwise the picture can't be seen clearly. Can that be done? Looking to see if what my friend...
  12. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    TY. What made you pick 300px for grid-template-columns? I found I had to set it to 500px or I got super tiny, extra thin cut off images of the pictures (which are mostly 400x400). And this didn't make items double up at all on the page on a phone. It's just a poorer version of what my own code...
  13. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    How do I know what dimensions? Also, wouldn't that make the pictures lower quality, making them smaller? I am self taught and only barely passable at coding. Please feel free to talk down to me in explaining what to do. 🤣
  14. LKinneyX23

    Responsive columns question

    I am not sure if this can be done with HTML and CSS, but thought I'd ask on here. I help a friend with their website. There's a store page. As I don't even own a smart phone, I had no idea it's apparently frustrating for phone users. I have it set up as a responsive site with rows/columns. On...
  15. LKinneyX23

    Video slider

    Not your fault at all. I guess fixing it was my first thought, but then I'd prefer a better solution that doesn't use licenced software instead so I can use it on more than one site. That said, I do love everything about the WOWslider for videos. Carousel seems like it would be an easy...
Back
Top Bottom