Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recent content by noweare

  1. N

    (Nodejs) Trying to read a file but not getting the output I expect

    Yes, your suggestions worked. Thank you sir. Coming from a C background JS is so different. Getting my head around the asynchronous nature of JS makes it a lot different than C. As it has been a couple of days since I posted this question, I read up on promises and async / await and used the...
  2. N

    (Nodejs) Trying to read a file but not getting the output I expect

    I am learning nodejs and I am just getting my feet wet with it. For practice I am trying to read 2048 bytes from a file then put it in a buffer and repeating until I have read the whole file. In the code I print out 'hello' in the readmyFile function. I do see that repeatedly but I do not...
  3. N

    JavaScript destructuring object fail

    Ok, thank you for your response.
  4. N

    JavaScript destructuring object fail

    Can i use variable names that do not match the keyword in the object. The only way I can make this work is to use make variable name same as the keyword from the object. I would of thought I could use any variable name. const person ={ firstName: "SpongeBob", lastName: "Square", age...
  5. N

    JavaScript Question about accessing array and arrow function with parameter as an argument to another function

    Thank you for your helpful answer. That helps me understand whats going on. Coming from a C background where everything must be defined and declared before using. Also in C functions are not used much as parameters to function. JS is huge compared to C. Alot of real estate to cover : )
  6. N

    JavaScript Question about accessing array and arrow function with parameter as an argument to another function

    Hello, Another JS beginner here.I have a couple of questions. #1 Wondering how the arrow function accesses the two elements of the array in getUsers() as it is not clear to me. #2 In function findUser the arrow function that is passed has a argument of users. It is used as an array variable in...
  7. N

    Java How to learn java

    The way I learn is I go through a tutorial first then start small simple projects. Tutorials for me get boring quickly but when I am working to solve a problem I am much more motivated. Learning a language is slow going in the beginning.
  8. N

    From poker to coding

    Sounds like your making progress, already programming bots .... cool. I am segwaying into Django so I can practice my front end skills. To build front ends you need a server to test it with is my logic. I was making good progress on javascript but then when it came to fetch and asynch stuff...
  9. N

    From poker to coding

    I don't know much about java, in fact I had to google it to see where it is used. Sounds like a general purpose language so you can use it to do a lot of things. I use C the most and some python. Trying to learn Html, Css and javascript to make nice looking front ends for my hardware projects...
  10. N

    Hello world

    Welcome c programmer.
  11. N

    From poker to coding

    Is your website public. If it is post a link so we all can take a look. Good luck in your journey. Just wondering why python and not javascript as html, css and javascript all work together.
  12. N

    JavaScript Can not figure out how streaming works

    In my case i have an iphone. I can synch my photos to icloud. I found some code on github that will download pics from icloud. So i can automate that to do it periodically. Probably not a easy as that .... but should be doable.
  13. N

    JavaScript Can not figure out how streaming works

    About your photos. Can you synch them to the cloud then get a script to download them to a directory on your pc ?
  14. N

    Greetings

    Hello and good luck, you can learn a lot by staying up all night. The next day though may be tough. lol
  15. N

    JavaScript Can not figure out how streaming works

    The camera is an Ov2640, 2 Mega Pixel sensor. It is really a camera sensor module, not a full blown complete stand alone camera. I think that's what you are thinking, like a webcam or security camera. The camera module plugs into the esp32 board. The esp32 provides the software that sets up the...
Back
Top Bottom