Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recent content by williamdev

  1. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    I will make a new project that takes into consideration all of the feedback I have received from the start. Thank you for the feedback Daniel and eeflores, you are the people who make me feel like coding is worth it since I have someone to show it to who understands it and can give feedback.
  2. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    I just didn't know if I should put both. I tried only putting exit but it didn't exit, but I think it's fixed after refactoring so I will remove abort.
  3. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    I want to try another project. If there are any other issues with this project, tell me, but don't expect me to respond immediately as I will be working on a different project to learn more about classes, arrays, objects, for loops, etc.. after rewatching this FreeCodeCamp C++ video since I have...
  4. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    The functions make the codebase very modular, and more readable. Thank you for your feedback. I should also watch a video on coding practices and maybe computer science basics like algorithms and such.
  5. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    Thank you for the feedback. I copy-pasted some stuff and along with it I had comments stating issues that I have now fixed, and I have sort of missed that so I will delete it and revise the comments too. If the name of a variable, function, etc is self-explanatory, then I won't describe what it...
  6. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    And the func.h... #pragma once void add_Onto(int& past, int& present, int& after, bool& Operate, std::string& setting) { if (setting == "+") { std::cout << "Give another number to add to your previous result, " << past << ":" << std::endl; std::cin >> after...
  7. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    Ok here's the new code! I think I did this correctly, there is no nesting and none of the code goes outside my code view, and it works the same as before. #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include "func.h" int main() { int first_Num; //Your First Number int second_Num; //Your...
  8. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    So how do you advise that I fix the nesting? Should I use functions? I took your other feedback and I will use it next time since it is straight to the point but I just don’t know how I would fix nesting. Could I remove some pointless if and while loops since I have read my code and I have...
  9. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    Also how many people are on this forum? Just wondering.
  10. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    Sorry for the very late response. I recommend learning Python first since it is similar to English and easy to read for someone new to coding. Since I went into coding a while ago, I have tinkered with Python, so now I am confident to move to C++. But I advise you learn Python and do some...
  11. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    I tried Udemy, but I really couldn't concentrate since I knew I had 48 hours of course lectures for C++ ahead of me. FreeCodeCamp taught me the basics, and now I'm learning more by doing projects. I've heard making projects is the best approach since you can make mistakes and learn from them...
  12. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    I started with Python, and it helped me wrap my head around programming as a whole, so it was a stepping stone for me. But, I didn't wanna get stuck with Python since my end goal is Unreal Engine and high-performance programs, so I ran straight to C++. I have actually been learning programming...
  13. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    Still wrapping my head around classes and such, I don't understand their use cases. I think I missed something when I watched that FreeCodeCamp C++ video, so I need to rewatch the second half of it and I'll be up and running to program Qt for this calculator, and I'm excited for that since I'll...
  14. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    Working for the answers is the best option anyways. Doing projects is the best way to learn a programming language and expand your knowledge on how to break down a problem into little bits, find a way to solve those little individual issues, and then build up all of those tiny solutions into one...
  15. williamdev

    My First Project: A Complete and Intelligent Calculator

    It took me about 45 minutes to an hour. I should time it next time.
Back
Top Bottom