Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Suggestion Changing up the Web Development Board Layout

edenwax

Well-Known Coder
Hey guys,

I was looking at the layout of the forum and was thinking it might be better to change things up a bit in regards to Web Development.

Currently we've got a Web Development board, in a Development category where the first 5 boards are Web Development-related. I think it would be better to rename the category "Web Development" and drop the "Web Development" board as its redundant. Also, then we could add a Web Design category and put a few design-related boards in underneath.

The only problem then being the mobile and desktop development boards would need somewhere to go... hmm. Perhaps in the Programming boards?

Interested in your thoughts on this!

Last edited:
Development is development. No need for changes.

I appreciate your input but.. did you uh, read the post at all?
Yes I did. You want to change the site's layout. drop Web dev, move mobile and desktop dev to new section: programming. I am summarizing everything in this post.

Thanks for the suggestion @edenwax,

HTML & CSS and Web development are separate due to multiple reasons. But I'd be more than happy to explain those reasons to you.

HTML & CSS and Javascript are separate forum sections from Web Development because in some cases coders are just looking to post for that particular language. But when your building a website and are using multiple different languages e.g. HTML & CSS, Javascript etc then you should post in Web Development.

I'll probably go through forum sections in the near future to help with organization and being more user-friendly.

Yes I did. You want to change the site's layout. drop Web dev, move mobile and desktop dev to new section: programming. I am summarizing everything in this post.

No, Im proposing making Development the Web Development category, dropping the Web Development board and then moving Mobile and Desktop development to the Programming category, which is not new.

Thanks for the suggestion @edenwax,

HTML & CSS and Web development are separate due to multiple reasons. But I'd be more than happy to explain those reasons to you.

HTML & CSS and Javascript are separate forum sections from Web Development because in some cases coders are just looking to post for that particular language. But when your building a website and are using multiple different languages e.g. HTML & CSS, Javascript etc then you should post in Web Development.

I'll probably go through forum sections in the near future to help with organization and being more user-friendly.

I'm not talking about boards or "sections" though. Those can mostly all remain the same.

Okay, to clarify my original post, take a look at the Development category. HTML, CSS, Javascript, Databases and Web Hosting are all related to Web Development. The Development category is 75% about Web Development already, why not make it its own category? And by this, I mean re-name Development to Web Development. Then move the mobile app development and desktop development boards to programming.

What I'm proposing is essentially this:
[CODE highlight="9, 10, 12"]-- Programming
--- - C Programming
--- - Java
--- - Perl
--- - Ruby
--- - .NET
--- - PHP
--- - Python
--- - Mobile App Development
--- - Desktop Development

-- Web Development
--- - HTML & CSS
--- - XML
--- - Databases
--- - JavaScript
--- - Web Servers and Hosting Solutions[/CODE]

And lastly

But when your building a website and are using multiple different languages e.g. HTML & CSS, Javascript etc then you should post in Web Development.

This still seems redundant. If you want a place to discuss the project as a whole, maybe make a "Projects" board where users can post about things they are developing. Web, mobile or desktop. I guess similar to the "What's Going On?" board on FP.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks for clarifying I’ll take this into consideration!

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom