Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hey there!

Antero360

Software Developer
Staff Team
Security Analyst
I have a little over 4 years of experience as a back-end developer, primarily working with C#.NET, html/css/jQuery and SQL for databases. I also have about a year of experience doing website penetration testing for vulnerability assessment. I am always willing to be your rubber duck for your debugging, so feel free to bug me about anything :).

Linkedin:

Github:

Hello @Antero360! Welcome to Code Forum!

Quite the long list of things you know! Was it a long journey learning all those languages?

P.s. nice pun! :D

thanks! One of the good things about web development is you learn multiple languages simultaneously. Yes, it can be daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it it's alright!

thanks! One of the good things about web development is you learn multiple languages simultaneously. Yes, it can be daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it it's alright!
Okay I have to ask, what is/was your most challenging language?

Well, I come from a Java education, so learning C# was not that difficult. I believe learning traditional javascript was a challenge, and still is lol. jQuery is a javascript library that makes working with javascript easier. But I cannot stand looking at things like this:

traditional javascript:
var myElement = document.getElementById("elementID");

jQuery:
var myElement = $("#elementID");

Well, I come from a Java education, so learning C# was not that difficult. I believe learning traditional javascript was a challenge, and still is lol. jQuery is a javascript library that makes working with javascript easier. But I cannot stand looking at things like this:

traditional javascript:
var myElement = document.getElementById("elementID");

jQuery:
var myElement = $("#elementID");
I don’t blame you lol! Just by looking at your example, it looks that JavaScript goes the extra mile to confuse you lol

lol. other than that, just trying to keep up with new updates with the languages I already know, in combination with trying to learn new ones.. it feels like "how do you keep things in order, let alone find the time to read up on all of it?" lol

lol. other than that, just trying to keep up with new updates with the languages I already know, in combination with trying to learn new ones.. it feels like "how do you keep things in order, let alone find the time to read up on all of it?" lol
I even find with basic languages such as HTML and CSS are always changing and you have to go back re read something. On one of my online courses they just taught us how to do research and how to find the code we need etc.

lol, that goes for a university education as well. I feel that the only thing a degree is really good for is to show that you can google and spit back useless random facts about things that are not remotely related to your field

lol, that goes for a university education as well. I feel that the only thing a degree is really good for is to show that you can google and spit back useless random facts about things that are not remotely related to your field
What's the difference of studying online compared to doing university?

Studying online is much quicker than going through a university. You learn the core skills faster without all the fluff. At a uni, although they do teach you the same concepts and skills you that online trainings do, they also teach you the theory behind it. They teach you the bare basics of some of the popular languages, while focusing the education around one. At the university I attend, their Computer Science department is Java based, so the core is based on it. They teach you the fundamentals of C/C++, Python, Prolog, and Scheme/Haskell in a required class called "Programming Languages".

What you learn in a matter of hours with online trainings and coding bootcamps, will take you a semester or two at a conventional university, depending on how the curriculum is structured

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. University tends to dive deeper into theory as you said, I'm currently thinking about taking two courses; Computer Programming and Computer Engineering. I know they can be a bit different from where you attend, but what should the basic mentality be? Should go with those courses?

Computer Programming sounds like it will be more coding than theory, while Computer Engineering sounds like it will teach you a bit of everything.. either way both are great courses to go through. I will forewarn you though, Computer Engineering is a bit more rigorous

Welcome to CodeForum.org, @Antero360!

You seem to be one who's experienced and quite bright for Programming. I myself know pretty much all of HTML and a good amount of CSS. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about C#, JS/JQuery and SQL. Maybe you could provide Tutorials on those Languages for others to learn from.

Anyways, glad to have you here. We can't wait for you to be a Member of our Community.

-

@Code_Block

Thanks! And I am looking through some of the tutorials on my playlist and selecting those that would be beneficial for everyone. I will be posting them later today

Great thank you for the insight! I'll PM you if I have any more questions regarding the courses!

Thanks! And I am looking through some of the tutorials on my playlist and selecting those that would be beneficial for everyone. I will be posting them later today
Awesome! I'm looking forward to it :)
Thank you for replying to some of my comments today. It's always nice to have some information along with a video, so I appreciate you taking the time to do that. If you can try to describe each video tutorial or add some information in a few sentences, that would be perfect :) Some of our visitors cannot always watch a video, so it's difficult for them to participate in the discussions without some extra text info too!

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it :)
Thank you for replying to some of my comments today. It's always nice to have some information along with a video, so I appreciate you taking the time to do that. If you can try to describe each video tutorial or add some information in a few sentences, that would be perfect :) Some of our visitors cannot always watch a video, so it's difficult for them to participate in the discussions without some extra text info too!

No problem! :)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom