Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Forum Stats on homepage! Feedback requested

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

We are looking for some feedback regarding our Forum Stats display looked on the homepage. I recently replaced it with something that had more customization options. I'm still working out the styling but wanted your input and what we can do to improve with it.

What I would like to know is: what should Code Forum display when you first visit the site?
What could we do to better engage current and new members in engaging in content? I personally believe the Forum Stats display is great to show what is going in and around the community. But I'm open to suggestions.

Screenshot_35.png
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I find it unnecessary, I am a very big friend of the "Whats-new" function.
It's supposed to be an easy way for people to see what's going on. I had a lot of great feedback from it!

I guess the questions you'd want to ask are:
  • What do you want users to see and do when they first open the site?
  • What will keep new users engaged? What's the hook?
I guess the interface as it is is more geared to existing users given the opportunity to see and answer new posts/topics, but how should a new user get started (without feeling overwhelmed)?

You said you wanted opinions, this is mine ;)
But I think most people will like it.
Adding this as we speak!

I guess the questions you'd want to ask are:
  • What do you want users to see and do when they first open the site?
  • What will keep new users engaged? What's the hook?
I guess the interface as it is is more geared to existing users given the opportunity to see and answer new posts/topics, but how should a new user get started (without feeling overwhelmed)?
I definitely see what you mean. Thanks for the feedback. I'll rearrange my thread.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom