Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Putting 2 Classes on One Icon

gothictrade

Well-Known Coder
I was watching a youtube video and this is the code they used, note the bottom where the class is, there are two. (material-icons & md-inactive)

youtubevideocode.png

I did my code a bit different, where I connected a separate CSS Stylesheet that I made.
[But it responds to the first class in my connected stylesheet, so I know its connected properly]

But I entered the two classes identically from the youtube tutorial, so I'm not sure why it is only taking anything from the first class.
Did I call the second class incorrectly?

Heres is my HTML page
mycode01.png

& Here is my CSS Page
mycode02.png

I know the CSS page is connected well, as the font size is responding to what I change in the #btnLanguage class,
however it is not registering my .md-inactive class >_<
Any idea why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SOLVED:

Hi there, @gothictrade!

But, also you should always put your <link> tags within your <head> tag. Your browser will download everything it needs within the <head> tags first. Also, remove the semi-colon (; after the closing curly brace (}).

Last edited:
Hi there, @gothictrade!

Long time no time see. I hope you are doing well.

Can you please copy & paste your code into our BBCode (</>), you can view this here.

But, also you should always put your <link> tags within your <head> tag. Your browser will download everything it needs within the <head> tags first. Also, remove the semi-colon (; after the closing curly brace (}).

Last edited:
Hi there, @gothictrade!

Long time no time see. I hope you are doing well.

Can you please copy & paste your code into our BBCode (</>), you can view this here.

Long time no see also, hahaha. Yeah, I am doing well, thank you for asking ~! :D
Actually, that solved my problem... hahaha. I removed the semi colon after the closing curly brace.

Anyways, thank you so much :D

Last edited:
Long time no see also, hahaha. Yeah, I am doing well, thank you for asking ~! :D
Actually, that solved my problem... hahaha. I removed the semi colon after the closing curly brace.

Anyways, thank you so much :D
Awesome! Can you please mark a post as a solution or post how you solved this! Thank you :)

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom