Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

20 years old doubts about starting...

Khalon

Coder
Hey, i'm 20 years old starting to code (learning python) about total of 10 hours into my online course, up until now it's not that complicated but everytime I look online about real world problems, jobs and stuff it always looks so hard, how can you memorize everything? i'm afraid I won't manage to actually work in the industry even though I learned the basics really fast... any veterans who felt the same in the beginning?

Hey, i'm 20 years old starting to code (learning python) about total of 10 hours into my online course, up until now it's not that complicated but everytime I look online about real world problems, jobs and stuff it always looks so hard, how can you memorize everything? i'm afraid I won't manage to actually work in the industry even though I learned the basics really fast... any veterans who felt the same in the beginning?
Learning to code is daunting at first, yes. Don't overwhelm yourself by looking for jobs/real-world problems just yet...the more you do, the more you fall into the never-ending cycle of despair. Focus on learning what you can. Don't worry about memorizing everything. Retain what you can...for the rest that is what resources are for lol, whether here, Stack Overflow, youtube, books, etc. Focus on building a strong foundation. Look at github for projects that have been already done, and either ask to be a contributor, or make your own version of it. Create your portfolio. Don't compare your success to your peers. Look into freelancing platforms once you think you are ready to start making money. If you're still in school, look into internships early.. don't wait until your jr/sr year. If at any point you hit barrier that just causes you to doubt your own abilities to code... it's called "imposter syndrome".. just remember, we all go through it at multiple stages of our careers.

Learning to code is daunting at first, yes. Don't overwhelm yourself by looking for jobs/real-world problems just yet...the more you do, the more you fall into the never-ending cycle of despair. Focus on learning what you can. Don't worry about memorizing everything. Retain what you can...for the rest that is what resources are for lol, whether here, Stack Overflow, youtube, books, etc. Focus on building a strong foundation. Look at github for projects that have been already done, and either ask to be a contributor, or make your own version of it. Create your portfolio. Don't compare your success to your peers.
Thank you, I really needed that .
I wanted to be able to solve and understand more advanced problems and projects as soon as I can and got overwhelmed...
Need to take it down a notch... 😅

Thank you, I really needed that .
I wanted to be able to solve and understand more advanced problems and projects as soon as I can and got overwhelmed...
Need to take it down a notch... 😅
lol it happens. Just keep plugging away at your learning, and make sure you practice what you learn. Leave the headaches and the despair for when you are actually sitting at your desk coding away at 2am because you have a deadline for End of Week, and your project manager is breathing down your neck XD

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom