Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Administrator is normal, but normal user "Run as administrator" is failed (Windows)

Oldemar

Coder
In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me?

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎28/‎01/‎2021
OS build 19042.964
Serial number PF2FBW0J
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Settings

Administrator user:

Your info
Administrator
[email protected]
Administrator

Email & accounts
Accounts used by email, calendar and contact
[email protected]
Gmail

Accounts used by other apps
[email protected]
Microsoft accounts

Other users
Odd Doe
[email protected]

normal user:

Your info
Odd Doe
[email protected]

Email & accounts
Accounts used by other apps
[email protected]
Microsoft accounts

There is same email on normal and admin.

Attachments

• image-111.png
    image-111.png
    8 KB · Views: 5
In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me?
Not sure what you are really having issues with... also, do you have administration rights to the machine you are logging as Admin in?

Not sure what you are really having issues with... also, do you have administration rights to the machine you are logging as Admin in?
yes, I have administration rights and I am logged in as Admin. Logged out as admin, and logged in as user. There is Run as administrator on example cmd. I have tried password and PIN code. But I can't login.

I have Settings, under is Your info, Email & accounts, Sign-in options, Access work or school, Other users and Sync your settings. I am missing Family & other people, I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and Add a user without a Microsoft account.

Also, Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts -> Add a new user in PC settings -> Other users -> Add someone else to this PC -> Local Users and Groups: This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the control panel.

What to do next?

Hey there!

So from my understanding is that when you try to run a program on an admin user it works but when you try run a program under a user using Right Click + Run as administrator it gives you an error or does it give that password prompt like shown in the image you attached in your thread?

Hey there!

So from my understanding is that when you try to run a program on an admin user it works but when you try run a program under a user using Right Click + Run as administrator it gives you an error or does it give that password prompt like shown in the image you attached in your thread?
Hey,

Wait,

I have deleted user and I have only Administrator. How can I add normal user ?

Control Panel > Change account type > Add a new user in PC settings > Other user > Add someone else to this PC > "This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel." (under lusrmgr.msc)

Updated Windows.

regedit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-2114-etc
ProfileImagePath = C:\Users\Administrator

user account control settings: never notify

mmc: Add or Remove Snap-ins - Console Root - Add > Choose Target Machine - Local User and Groups: "This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel."

I will have both email ([email protected]) on admin and user. All is admin now.

I have deleted Administrator. Now I have 1. sign in -> Odd Local Account and 2. sign in -> Odd email, on Settings -> Your info. Both is admin on Odd. Local Account is working fine. But the email name, how can I change [email protected] from C:\johns to C:\odd ?
I have tried changed name:

1. netplwiz
2. Control Panel\User Accounts
3. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

but it is only C:\johns or errors. Can you change the name?

And also still lusrmgr.msc: "This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel."

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom