Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Analog Horror, Anyone?

Man am I a sissy when it comes to horror, I can't even watch "A Nightmare Before Christmas" without closing my eyes once or twice. But with that being said, man do I love analog horror because it isn't jumpscare, it is plausible deniability, like this could be a forgotten thing of the real world. I like when the A.H. mixes the film with and ARG elements.

Some Perfect Examples are:
-Walten Files-ARG
-Mandela Catalogue-Arg
-The Hypgogic Archive


Out kicks and giggles I put my on arg/analog horror onto my website, see if you guys could follow the trail!
Start-Here

Goodluck, post your steps and findings below and I will tell you if you are going in the right direction!
 
I didn't understand those videos at all.
Probably not my thing 😀
The videos are meant to be viewed in a certain context. The Walten files are in company training videos, and the Mandela catalogue is more or recovered police footage/government advisory/kids bible training videos. The horror comes from the fact that we aren't the intended audience but we can understand what type of scenarios the intended audience go through. For example, this is supposed to be a kids bible study video. We know how the story goes, but there are disconnects between our study and their's. The second element of the films in analog horror is corruption. The original film has been corrupted so there disturbing cracks in the videos with shows a deeper and darker overall all story. Like each video shows it own thing but if you paste all of the cracks together you get the horrifing story of the horror. Basically analog horror is all about world building, with hints.

The part I am signing you up for is the ARG, analog horror and ARG's are almost always matched together for the way that they story tell. If you go to the mandela arg, you can hunt links to find new pages on the site which gives you lore. I don't have any story but I made an AH ARG on my Website
 
Back
Top Bottom