Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Anyone using Dependency Walker ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2829

I'm not sure this is the correct forum to post this, or if there even is a forum for it. If it's inappropriate, by all means delete it and I'll try elsewhere.

I've been an avid user of Dependency Walker (https://www.dependencywalker.com/) to troubleshoot loading/dependency issues with C applications. It was one of the power tools in my toolkit, so to say. Despite that the program hasn't been updated since 2006, it has worked well enough for me right until my retirement in 2019. Nowadays if I run it, it seems tired... taking over 2 full minutes to load even the most trivial of C console programs 😬 This is unworkable of course.

I'm just curious if anyone out there is (still) using this program and what your experience is. Or if maybe you are using something else like the "modern alternative" Dependencies (https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies). The latter doesn't convince me as yet - it's fast and looks great, but it feels experimental and unfinished, lacking e.g. the output window and profiling option. Worryingly, the data displayed about ordinals, functions, modules etc. is not consistent with what Dependency Walker shows.

Back
Top Bottom