Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

AnzahCraft german roleplay community

Tealk

Platinum Coder
General information
A Minecraft server and a few roleplayers, so AnzahCraft was created on 14.01.2011. The goal at that time was to create a server on which high level roleplaying can take place. In the course of time this became a platform of roleplayers for roleplayers. Whether in online gaming or classic, we have something for everyone.
AnzahCraft offers a well structured forum for the exchange among each other, as well as a Teamspeak server and a Discord server for more direct communication.
The aim is to be a central contact point for all kinds of role-players from German-speaking countries.
An important attention on my part is also the data protection, because we do not integrate services such as Google or Facebook into our system. So you can move to AnzahCraft without feeling "Big Brother" in your neck.

At the time of writing this article we have the following projects:
ARK
Who always wanted to make more out of ARK is exactly right with us, because here it is not about who is strongest, but about you or your character. You can play your character exactly the way you want with an open designed lore and rules adapted to the requirements. Our own map, as well as specially selected or self-written mods offer a lot of new things to discover and explore. And not only IC you are asked, you have the possibility to design the server, because by polls or your feedback the server is always further adapted, in order to offer the best possible gaming experience. Our proven application system ensures that the immersion is not disturbed and that you can fully immerse yourself in the role-playing game.

Pen&Paper
What would a role playing community just be without Pen & Paper. Get out your paper and pens and off you go. Whether Shadowrun, DSA or Aborea... we like every setting and everyone is welcome. Whether you are a gamemaster or a player, a hardcore RP player or a newcomer, everyone will find their place here.
The game groups organize themselves over our forum in the Pen & Paper area and over an own Discord server.
We offer a calendar system for the administration of your play dates, as well as a specially furnished group system in our forum with which the group and user administration can be accomplished independently. In addition one receives an internal forum range only the group members can see, thus each group can administer itself completely. Player groups receive from us a private language and text channel, which ultimately serves to play itself, as well as private agreements, etc.. These can also be managed independently.
Beside the private channels, which allow undisturbed playing, there are also public rooms which can be used by all game leaders and players.

In addition, AnzahCraft offers a number of services which also pay great attention to data protection:

Last edited:
What an interesting community you've got running here, @Tealk. You've definitely poured a lot of effort into and as a result, I offer you an invisible Internet medal: *Hands medal over to you*.

Perhaps I should pay a visit sometime when I actually start putting more work into my German. I know a couple of basic words, but that's it. Also, I'm very glad to see that you take the privacy and personal-data of your users very seriously, just as much as you do for yourself. Here, have another invisible Internet medal: *Hands over yet another medal to you*.

I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavours, along with your community. Good luck.

Thanks, but at the moment we have closed the ark project because the players are missing.

But with the XF2.2 update we can do a lot for the pen and paper area and will continue to expand it.

Unfortunately there is currently no game that would be good for roleplaying but we are still looking for something to offer again

Tealk said:
Thanks, but at the moment we have closed the ark project because the players are missing.
Aw. That's unfortunate. I wish you luck on reviving that area as trying to revive something can be quite hard.

Tealk said:
But with the XF2.2 update we can do a lot for the pen and paper area and will continue to expand it.
Well, at least one part of your site continues to remain popular. I quite like the concept of a Pen and Paper area. As I said, if I ever become more advanced with my German, I may pay a visit to the site. It definitely seems like a fun place to hang about in.

Tealk said:
Unfortunately there is currently no game that would be good for roleplaying but we are still looking for something to offer again
Again, as with Ark, that's unfortunate. Have you thought of any good games for role-playing?

It definitely seems like a fun place to hang about in.
i hope so, even if most people won't care with the tracking i still want to reach a good user experience

Have you thought of any good games for role-playing?
The only one that would be interesting at the moment is Empyrion, but we're still working on it a lot, that would interfere with the RP in the long run, so you have to wait. Otherwise I don't know any other game that was as extensive and changeable as ARK. That's a great strength, even if it is very buggy in many areas.

Minecraft would also be interesting but you would have to put a lot of work into it to add enough mods and especially a voicechat.
but I don't think it would be much of a success now

as already indicated, the platform is simply missing, so a game.

Tealk said:
i hope so, even if most people won't care with the tracking i still want to reach a good user experience
All that does matter, is making sure your users are happy, and as you said, making sure the user-experience is good for them and yourself.

Tealk said:
The only one that would be interesting at the moment is Empyrion, but we're still working on it a lot, that would interfere with the RP in the long run, so you have to wait. Otherwise I don't know any other game that was as extensive and changeable as ARK. That's a great strength, even if it is very buggy in many areas.
I've never actually heard of Empyrion, but it does sound interesting. Apparently it's still in alpha-development according to their website, so...

I've played Ark before in the past and I actually forgot how buggy it was. As a person who does enjoy survival-games, Ark was a good game in my opinion, but things like having to constantly grind for resources did in my opinion, ruin the game for me and many others. Perhaps issues like the constant grinding to be done and Ark's plethora of bugs was what caused the server to die out. Although, for grinding, I'm pretty sure you can tweak a bunch of settings for the map you're on before you start it up, so... Either way, I hope you get it revived soon.

Tealk said:
Minecraft would also be interesting but you would have to put a lot of work into it to add enough mods and especially a voicechat. but I don't think it would be much of a success now
I was also thinking of Minecraft as a possible game, I mean you do mention Minecraft in your original post, so it would make sense to have a Minecraft server. But as you said, a lot of work needs to be done for mods and as for voice-chat, you can really only stick with something like Discord, Teamspeak, Skype, or Jitsi.

I'm sure you will find a game at some point. I did just think of Garry's Mod as a possibility, but I'm not sure how that would work out for role-playing. The game's community mostly consists of death-runs, silly character and weapon mods, a plethora of maps, you get the idea. Although, the game does support Lua so you can build your own mods for it if you choose to start-up a GMod server.

Collecting resources was no problem at all, you could also take care of yourself very nicely, although hardly anyone did that, it was about making rp.
Not the bugs, the count of other servers was the problem, there are about 5 other german ark rp servers besides us, fighting for about 50 players.

there is also a roleplay script for garrys mod (dark rp) but this is not designed for serious roleplaying as we imagine it

it ust has to be something that is new wo that is attracts users

Perhaps I should pay a visit sometime when I actually start putting more work into my German
it would even be fun to teach a player german, so in a roleplaying game, but the user has to be interested in it and it also needs the right teachers who don't see it as a chance for troll actions.

We have had such a situation before in a Pen and Paper round, but only 80% of it went well there. "That one" became "kill", was not intentional in this case, but it is very easy to create misunderstandings there.

Tealk said:
Collecting resources was no problem at all, you could also take care of yourself very nicely, although hardly anyone did that, it was about making rp.
Not the bugs, the count of other servers was the problem, there are about 5 other german ark rp servers besides us, fighting for about 50 players.
I never actually thought about the other servers that might have been available. But now that you say it, it more than likely is the only explanation as to why people are no longer visiting your server. Either that or they just simply lost interest overtime.

Tealk said:
there is also a roleplay script for garrys mod (dark rp) but this is not designed for serious roleplaying as we imagine it
Well, as I said, Garry's Mod probably doesn't fit the bill for role-playing anyway, regardless of how serious that role-play is. As I said, if you know Lua then you can probably program your own mods for GMod designed for role-play, but that would take up a lot of time, which could be better spent on other things such as site-moderation and trying to revive the Ark server.

Tealk said:
it ust has to be something that is new wo that is attracts users.
I get what you mean. I'm pretty sure that most new games coming out this year are mainly single-player or they have multi-player, but not at the scale that you want that multi-player to be.

Tealk said:
it would even be fun to teach a player german, so in a roleplaying game, but the user has to be interested in it and it also needs the right teachers who don't see it as a chance for troll actions.
Tealk said:
but it is very easy to create misunderstandings there.
You are right in saying that. Hence why I would only sign-up and join in once I've actually improved with my German. It is possible to learn a language just by hearing native-speakers of that language speak in it, but as you said, misinterpretations can happen, which could lead to somebody using the wrong words or phrases.

revive the Ark server.
Ark is finished for us, a reopening is out of the question.

Most of the games are not customizable either, that was a big strength of Ark, you could add a lot of decoration items via mods for example. These bring a very good immersion that promotes roleplay
Role playing is apparently uninteresting for game developers, unfortunately.

So someone would have to declare himself ready as a teacher and then carry the whole thing through to a certain extent. Anyway, it's an interesting task and can surely bring a lot of interesting role-play scenes.

Tealk said:
Ark is finished for us, a reopening is out of the question.
Ah. The way I interpreted what you said made me think that you intended on re-opening. Silly me. Although, Ark is still listed on your side-bar, so it doesn't make sense to have it there anymore.

Tealk said:
Most of the games are not customizable either,
Well, with DRM and anti-cheat software being used more and more everyday, this will be an apparent issue for years to come. Companies have many reasons for not allowing mods to be installed, whether it be to "prevent the fun" of the game from being "ruined" and to prevent cheating too. There's probably many, many more reasons but those were just some that came to my head.

Tealk said:
Role playing is apparently uninteresting for game developers, unfortunately.
Not necessarily. It's just the fact that companies don't intend for their games to be centered around role-play, unless of course, it's a role-playing game. If it's any other game that isn't centered around role-playing, then there's no doubt that you won't have much to do in that game for role-playing. Plus, the role-playing userbase wouldn't be their core audience, but rather the people who play the game without doing any role-playing.

Ark is still listed on your side-bar
You mean this? It also says it's closed.) I kept it that way so visitors would see that ark was no longer being offered by us.
1593357291500.png

If they offered a decent API, they wouldn't have to worry about this.

I don't expect a game that is programmed for RP, ark is also a pvp game but with mods it is a great game for RP.

Tealk said:
You mean this? It also says it's closed.) I kept it that way so visitors would see that ark was no longer being offered by us.
Ah, that makes sense.

Tealk said:
If they offered a decent API, they wouldn't have to worry about this.
I take it you're referring to the modding part, correct? If so, then you're right, they wouldn't. I know for a fact that WoW employs anti-cheat software, but yet I'm pretty sure that they also have an API available to use. But, of course, I don't think it's a suitable game for RP.

Unturned is another game with a great modding-community, although I'm not sure how it is for multi-player. I say that I as I only ever played it on single-player, plus, whenever I tried to join a public server, the listings would never come up for those servers. Perhaps it had something to do with my Steam client or something.

everyone who is that stupid and gets cheated and banned on an rp server is own fault, then he has wasted all the work and time for the application

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom