Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Automatic computer picker

WoahSpook

New Coder
Hi guys!

First post on here, So I hope I did it right. I’m having some trouble with a website idea I want to execute.
I want my website to have a list of games where people can pick the ones they want to play on the system. And to each game, I want 3 different builds (one for high performance, med performance, low performance)

then if they pick 3 games, like CS:GO, Minecraft, Microsoft Flight Sim 2020. I need the system to pick a build that supports the most demanding game. And present it to the customer, after they have chosen how good they want the game to run.
Is this even possible? And if it is, can any of you guide me towards how I might do it?
I hope I posted the right place, and I’m following the rules.
kindest regards.
woahspook

And what exactly are you looking for now? Someone to create your website?
Because that's not a specific question but an order for a whole website.

Of course it is possible, but I don't think that customers are so happy if they can only choose between 3 devices.

What I’m looking for is for someone more experienced in the field, that can maybe tell me what I should be looking at in order to learn to do this myself.
I don’t want someone to create it for me, I want to learn. I just need to know where to begin. Because I don’t even know what that system would be called or how I can search for it.
So my question would be “What would a system like this be called?”

Customers will be able to create their own custom order where they pick every part should they choose to. However, I have done some research in the market here in Denmark, and many customers want a more simpel experience when it comes to “building a pc” and therefore I want to make it as simpel as possible, and just give them a build that can do what they want. And having 10 options would lead to more confusion.
Kindest regards.

So my question would be “What would a system like this be called?”
I am not sure, but I think there is no proper name for it

Depending on how you want it, you can solve it with PHP or PHP and JS.
The latter will look more modern.

Do you connect it to an existing system or create it from scratch?

Hi there,

Welcome to Code Forum!

Like @Tealk mentioned, you'll need to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript etc. However your idea sounds great, but I do recommend while you are learning to start with something small. Perhaps a portfolio and work your way up. Developing big-scale websites like you are mentioning can take a lot of time and frustration may lead to you abandoning your project.

So my recommendation is to learn the basic languages build some smaller projects then work your way up to your large scale project. And of course, if you get stuck we will be here to help you.

Back
Top Bottom