durangod
Active Coder
Hi,
I have been working at this for about a week now. I have the twitter limit header data loaded via cURL and i am getting the embeds. The problem comes when i am testing the process and i have something i do not understand.
Here is the situation.
I am using this format with cURL which works fine when not 429 blocked. I am trying to test my error control process when it is blocked and that is when i discoved this situation.
I send this via cURL
The problem is that when blocked 429 i go to the console network tab which shows the url has been converted to a very long url by the twitter js i am guessing, and that long url is the one that has been blocked 429 shown both in the console and network tab (when it is blocked).
So to test i copy paste that long url and send it in cURL and i get a status code 200, and i am like WTH.... 🤬🤬
I dont get why the CONVERTED url is status 200 when i send it via cURL but it is 429 when the above url is send via cURL. i dont get it...
I thought maybe it had something to do with it being a GET request, so i set the cURL option to force GET even though that is the cURL default.
But the same issue.....
If you run that url above from a test cURL file, and check the network or console tab after the first time, you will see that it is blocked 429 and has been converted to a very long url. Now copy that same long url from the console or network tab and send that via cURL and you will get status 200 (and not 429).
WHY i ask !
Thanks 🙂
I have been working at this for about a week now. I have the twitter limit header data loaded via cURL and i am getting the embeds. The problem comes when i am testing the process and i have something i do not understand.
Here is the situation.
I am using this format with cURL which works fine when not 429 blocked. I am trying to test my error control process when it is blocked and that is when i discoved this situation.
I send this via cURL
Code:
https://syndication.twitter.com/srv/timeline-profile/screen-name/foxandfriends
The problem is that when blocked 429 i go to the console network tab which shows the url has been converted to a very long url by the twitter js i am guessing, and that long url is the one that has been blocked 429 shown both in the console and network tab (when it is blocked).
So to test i copy paste that long url and send it in cURL and i get a status code 200, and i am like WTH.... 🤬🤬
I dont get why the CONVERTED url is status 200 when i send it via cURL but it is 429 when the above url is send via cURL. i dont get it...
I thought maybe it had something to do with it being a GET request, so i set the cURL option to force GET even though that is the cURL default.
But the same issue.....
If you run that url above from a test cURL file, and check the network or console tab after the first time, you will see that it is blocked 429 and has been converted to a very long url. Now copy that same long url from the console or network tab and send that via cURL and you will get status 200 (and not 429).
WHY i ask !
Thanks 🙂



