Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Java Battery Low / Full status

meetdilip

Well-Known Coder
Hi, I am trying to get an audio notification when the Android battery is full and low.

I understand the logic. As in, check battery status, then if battery_full run Android Media Player. I am trying to use it for my personal needs. This is the MainActivity.java I have

Java:
package me.adminweb.batterydost;

import androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity;

import android.content.Intent;
import android.media.MediaPlayer;
import android.os.BatteryManager;
import android.os.Bundle;

public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity {

@Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);

// Are we charging / charged?

int status = batteryStatus.getIntExtra(BatteryManager.EXTRA_STATUS, -1);
        boolean isCharging = status == BatteryManager.BATTERY_STATUS_CHARGING ||
                status == BatteryManager.BATTERY_STATUS_FULL;

// How are we charging?
        int chargePlug = batteryStatus.getIntExtra(BatteryManager.EXTRA_PLUGGED, -1);
        boolean usbCharge = chargePlug == BatteryManager.BATTERY_PLUGGED_USB;
        boolean acCharge = chargePlug == BatteryManager.BATTERY_PLUGGED_AC;

if(status == BatteryManager.BATTERY_STATUS_FULL){

//Play sound using Android MediaPlayer

MediaPlayer mediaPlayer = MediaPlayer.create(context, R.raw.batteryfull);
            mediaPlayer.start(); // no need to call prepare(); create() does that for you
        }

Looks like I am missing a few things. It would be nice if I can get some help building this app

I'm familiar with Java but on Windows only, not on Android, so it seems unlikely I'll be able to help you.
But it seems to me you are not saying what the actual problem is, except for "missing a few things". Also it is not clear how this snippet of code (which isn't even complete) fits in the bigger picture. You may want to think about providing some more relevant detail.

If you are trying to get it on demand like any time, not just in that app, then I do not know how,
but if you want it just while your app is running, use a listener not just an onCreate thing.
X E.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom