Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Not enough interest CodeForum Referral Contest?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders!

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a contest that would help boost activity and members on Code Forum.
The contest will be based on how many referrals you get. I'm thinking of something like this: the first member to 25 members gets a $25 Amazon Gift Card, 50 members $50 Amazon Gift Card. It's still in the looks but let me know what you think.

New idea: You will have a certain time frame and the most referrals you get will be your prize, e.g. 10 members referred will earn you a $10 Amazon gift card. However, if there is a tie then the prize will be split 50/50.

Cheers!

Last edited:
My initial thought would be that 25 and 50 referrals respectively seem like an unlikely target for a "contest", and the reward doesn't tally with the effort involved.

Leaving it open as the member with the most referrals within X amount of time seems more feasible.

Reactions: Ash
Hey @Nerdface, nice seeing you around!

Hmm thanks for shedding light on this, I’m thinking the same as well now. Perhaps we could do most referrals within x amount a time. I’ll come up with more ideas, if you have anymore please feel free to share them!

I think it would be great to implement something like this to help us get more members and activity.

How would you use it to refer to potential new members?

I don't know if it can be done this way, but each member of the forum would have their own referral link. When a user signs up for an account on this site, using the member's referral link, it will credit the member who referred them. (via a point system or something) That way you can keep track of how many new people each member is bringing to the forum.

It would be an interesting idea but 25/50 members is almost impossible. Referrals are never easy but like said above, a timeframe to get as many as you can would be better.

@netsavy006 Yeah exactly! I currently have an add-on by Siropu which does this very thing! But what do you think about the 25 members for $25 Amazon Gift Card?

It would be an interesting idea but 25/50 members is almost impossible. Referrals are never easy but like said above, a timeframe to get as many as you can would be better.
Perhaps maybe we could something where you have a week and depending on how many referrals you earn is the prize amount. E.g. 5 members will be $5.00..

That sounds pretty good. But make sure you make your terms & conditions airtight to avoid the contest being abused ;)

I think it would be great to implement something like this to help us get more members and activity.
It's a good idea in theory, but it requires a handful of members to actually want to compete against each other.

I ran a similar contest recently, and withdrew it due to a lack of interest.. Then again, CodeForum.ORG has significantly more members.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom