Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

Codepen HTML + CSS (scss) don't work

Phonix

New Coder
Hey,

I got a question i have this code frome codepen:

Unfortunately when I upload it to VSC it doesn't work properly. What can I do wrong? I'm a novice programmer and I'm trying to understand this. I upload everything from the HTML codepen to my index.html file in the BODY section, then the scss code to the scss file which is compiled to css and it is imported to the html file. Everything works except the colors - highlighting the burger button on hover and highlighting "HOME" etc.

Hey,

I got a question i have this code frome codepen:

Unfortunately when I upload it to VSC it doesn't work properly. What can I do wrong? I'm a novice programmer and I'm trying to understand this. I upload everything from the HTML codepen to my index.html file in the BODY section, then the scss code to the scss file which is compiled to css and it is imported to the html file. Everything works except the colors - highlighting the burger button on hover and highlighting "HOME" etc.
Hi there,
Can you post your index.html code? It would be very helpful for those who want to help out to see what you have on your file in order to better help you understand and resolve your issues.

In CodePen you dont have to include your CSS using the link tag, and JavaScript using the script tags, but if you're copying that code into VSC, you'll have to include those files.

You could put the CSS in a file called style.css and include it in the head using this code: <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css">.
And for the JS: <script src="script.js"></script>

The problem, after doing the same as you did and seeing it not work, and looking through the code, the variables being used in the css file '
--burger-menu-radius, --primary-color, --primary-color-darker' are never declared and have no meaning. To fix this at the top of the css file add

CSS:
:root {
    --burger-menu-radius: 4em;
    --primary-color: #3A86B7; /* You can obviously put whatever color you want here */
    --primary-color-darker: #306E97; /* Same here */
}

even though `--burger-menu-radius` is declared later in the file, it's still best practice to put those declarations in ':root'.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom