Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Solved Comments system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdface

Active Coder
Community Partner
Just wondered which comments system you were running here at CodeForum.ORG? It's pretty sweet! :thumbsup:

I have a license for the ThemeHouse system, but never implemented it. I was going to use it in combination with a few other modifications for a "Blog" forum, but chose an alternative path for that..

Hello @Nerdface! Great to see you again.

CodeForum uses ThemeHouse system! I absolutely love it!

I find it gives the site more organization.

The only thing putting me off is that it's difficult to know whether a comment, or a reply is more appropriate sometimes.. :thinking:

The only thing putting me off is that it's difficult to know whether a comment, or a reply is more appropriate sometimes.. :thinking:
I sometimes struggle with that but I think of it like this now: reply = useful information, comment = semi useful such as thank yous etc

Perhaps I may come with an official thing for it. Replies are for this, comments are for this :p

My personal thoughts are to use it instead of replying with a quote to somebody..

..but then you ought to change the behaviour of the "Reply" button in each post to not include a quote of the message, but to just quickly jump to "Quick Reply".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom