Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

CSS elements positioning (using Pinegrow)

AudunNilsen

New Coder
Hi

I am using Pinegrow to make a simple website, and I have faced several issues that surprise me.

There seems to be no option to freely move elements, and I don´t understand where to modify code to adjust it "manually".

There´s a "box" that is in the way, and if I delete it, all the elements around it, jump around.

Before and after pictures.

Any help greatly appreciated

Hi

I am using Pinegrow to make a simple website, and I have faced several issues that surprise me.

There seems to be no option to freely move elements, and I don´t understand where to modify code to adjust it "manually".

There´s a "box" that is in the way, and if I delete it, all the elements around it, jump around.

Before and after pictures.

Any help greatly appreciated

Maybe this is just me, but I'm not downloading files from the internet like this. I've never heard of Pinegrow and don't use it.

Is it possible to put these files on a web server and share a link?

OK, so this is the mock up I´m working on now.

At the bottom is a CSS-section "What customers say".

I´ve adjusted the position of the heading with a tool in the CSS-tab, and that looks fine in the editor, but there´s no mention of "positioning" in the code, and the end result is the same as it was before I used this tool.

Screenshot at the bottom.

P.S.

When I try to move elements around in this program, it allows me to move them "a little bit", as in they always stick to the top, or the bottom, or the side. What I would really want is to move them freely. Tried to look at this in Dreamweaver, but I found no apparent way to move things around at all.

A scary question that keeps coming back is; do I have to put coordinates for every single element, or use a ruler on the screen, or something?

Thanks for putting up the page. Much easier to investigate.

OK 2 things.

1. What exactly are you trying to achieve in that layout?

2. In CSS/HTML, the closest you can get to "freely moving things" is absolute positioning. Depending on where you are trying to position an element, a parent of that element must have a declared positioning context. Usually 'relative' but others work depending on layout. The element itself would have position:absolute and you would then define a width and height as well as location of the element using left, right, top, bottom.

Here's a reference:

Back
Top Bottom