Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS CSS Labeling a <P>

gothictrade

Well-Known Coder
In a previous question I wanted to learn to make a class so I had in my HTML document..
Code:
<button class="btn btn-1">button 1</button>
and then in my css file I did
Code:
btn {
// stuff
}

However... is it possible for me to do this with like.. a paragraph text? I want there to be a paragraph that I control its contents style/format via a css file.
For example..

Can I do something like
Code:
<p class="para1">text text text</p>
and then in the css file
Code:
para 1 {
    color: red;
}

Is that possible? I cant seem to get it to work though

Great question! So you have the idea of how to do it.

So remember that when you declare a class within HTML and you want to select it in CSS you must add a (.) in front of the class name. And you have a space between para and 1, should be para1.

The code would look similar to this:
HTML:
CSS:
.para1 {
}

When selecting a class in CSS you always add a dot (.) followed by the class name you specifed in HTML.
When selecting a ID in CSS you always add a dot (#) followed by the class name you specifed in HTML.

Last edited:
Great question! So you have the idea of how to do it.

So remember that when you declare a class within HTML and you want to select it in CSS you must add a (.) in front of the class name. And you have a space between para and 1, should be para1.

The code would look similar to this:
HTML:
CSS:
.para1 {
}

When selecting a class in CSS you always add a dot (.) followed by the class name you specifed in HTML.
When selecting a ID in CSS you always add a dot (#) followed by the class name you specifed in HTML.
Thank you so much! Im gonna try it out when I return home in a few hours

Back
Top Bottom