Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

PHP Database Help

xaverrrr

New Coder
Hello i am currently working on a project, but im pretty new to databases,
im looking for a database for authentications(login/register system) and to save a couple values so pretty basic...
And i was asking what would be better for me: phpMyAdmin or Firebase

Thanks in advance

Hey,

PHPmyadmin just shows you what is in your database, think of it like a filling cabinet that sorts your data into something you can read easy without logging into your server.

What you will need is PHP and SQL so PHP will sanatise your data and prepare it to be inserted and SQL will insert it into the database :)

Hey,

PHPmyadmin just shows you what is in your database, think of it like a filling cabinet that sorts your data into something you can read easy without logging into your server.

What you will need is PHP and SQL so PHP will sanatise your data and prepare it to be inserted and SQL will insert it into the database :)
Hello thanks for your nice response but my question is whats better to store data for example(logged in users), if its better on phpMyAdmin or Firebase

You have more options with a MySQL database than with Firebase. With Firebase, you're locked into their proprietary service but with MySQL you can self host your database on your own server and you have more control / ownership of your data because of that.

You should look into a Content Management System (CMS) if you want to get started quickly. A good one is Wordpress, which comes with user authentication / database handling built in, so all you would need to do is extend Wordpress to do what you need it to do to store the additional data, which is possible by building a custom plugin for Wordpress to handle the data changes you need. Since Wordpress is so large, there may already even be a plugin to handle that for you that you can use / customize.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom