Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

HTML & CSS Employment

Mgio

New Coder
I don't know if this is the right section for this but I am wondering how much needs to be learned before you can become employed?

For example I've studied HTML CSS and I am just about finished JavaScript and I will start projects soon.

If someone has any insight, what else would I need to learn to be able to freelance or secure a job?

I don't know if this is the right section for this but I am wondering how much needs to be learned before you can become employed?

For example I've studied HTML CSS and I am just about finished JavaScript and I will start projects soon.

If someone has any insight, what else would I need to learn to be able to freelance or secure a job?
Hey there,
It all depends on what you are looking to do with those skills. Do you want to design sites? Would you rather get down and dirty with the internal workings of making a site system? OR do you see yourself doing both, designing what the user sees and interacts with AND building the login system and everything that comes with a website?

Hey there,
It all depends on what you are looking to do with those skills. Do you want to design sites? Would you rather get down and dirty with the internal workings of making a site system? OR do you see yourself doing both, designing what the user sees and interacts with AND building the login system and everything that comes with a website?
Thank you for the response.

I think that the problem is that not being in this field I'm not quite sure exactly what is needed. As far as what I want to do I have to say I do enjoy the analytical aspect of JavaScript. I probably prefer that type of programming over say making sites aesthetically pleasing although I probably could do that also.

Right now I want to break into Tech whether it's doing side work on upwork or getting myself a full-time job.

So the thing is up to this point I have completed HTML CSS and I am very close to completing JavaScript. When I complete JavaScript I will begin projects landing pages whatever else.

What I'm not sure of is what is needed beyond that for me to actually go to work?

So for example I would think that perhaps I would need to learn something like bootstrap? And I would also think I probably need to learn something like react or node but I'm not sure if I need any of them or why one would be better than the other. Again, the lack of not being in this industry makes it a little more confusing to me.

Honestly, if where I am I could learn a little bit more or do more applications and go get a job that would be great with me.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

React and node.js would a huge benefit to learn!
What courses have you taken so far, if any?
If none, I highly recommend checking out udemy.com or even bloomtech.com (which is a non-accredited school that I'm currently in with a 110% refund guarantee if they can't find you a job paying at least 50k or more per year).

React and node.js would a huge benefit to learn!
What courses have you taken so far, if any?
If none, I highly recommend checking out udemy.com or even bloomtech.com (which is a non-accredited school that I'm currently in with a 110% refund guarantee if they can't find you a job paying at least 50k or more per year).
I have gone through HTML CSS and I'm almost through JavaScript. I will be starting projects soon.

Not sure what else I would need to learn, but it would help if there was a little more of a road map.

So for example, I myself seem to feel I will need to learn either node or react and possibly bootstrap and I don't know whatever else.

I believe bootstrap works with CSS and react or node works with JavaScript so I would think in some way I would need some combination of them or something similar.

Not sure what the advantages are or disadvantages are to learning them or learning something similar or even completely different?

I don't know if it's possible but if there is some way to kind of look at this and say well if you want to do this then you need to learn this and this and that will get you into a job. Or if you want to do this other thing then you need to do this this and this and then that will get you into a job.

Those kind of where I'm at in my thinking.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom