Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

For email marketing, is it worth renting a VPS when you can just create your own server?

nic

New Coder
I’m trying to understand whether or not to use a VPS or a raspberry pi as a server for email marketing. It sounds like the options are:
  1. Renting a VPS (server), renting AWS SES (SMTP server) & using Mautic (bulk-emailing software)
  2. Using a raspberry pi (server), renting AWS SES & using Mautic
  3. Using a raspberry pi, installing Postfix (or Postal?) & using Mautic
I know there are other options out there for SMTP servers other than AWS SES (e.g. SendInBlue, MailGun, etc) and Mautic (e.g. SendBlaster, MailWizz, etc), but for argument’s sake I just picked SES & Mautic.

What I’m trying to understand is why do people rent a VPS rather than just using their own server (like a pi or similar)? I assume a VPS is better for overcoming power outages, internet issues, etc, but would the email’s IP reputation be affected and security jeopardised if option 2 was chosen? And am I right in assuming that the email’s IP is stronger using AWS SES than using Postfix/Postal?

Any advice would be great, especially detailing the advantages and disadvantages or all 3 options. Thank you.

None of the above :D Ive tried trust me :D So there is alot more when it comes to Emails then just setting up. You have to get approved by the main email companys, then stop getting a spam black check, then SSL, the security check etc ect ect ect. I Tried last year and it was so much of a pain in the but it made more sense to rent a reseller server thats already established and run my emails via them :)

I understand your points, although paying for email marketing (ie buying a subscription from mail chimp, get response, mailer lite, Aweber, etc) is too expensive, especially when scaling

Well, there is lots of thinking about it, and secondly, in my personal opinion, the decision of whether to rent a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or create your own server for email marketing depends on several factors such as your technical expertise, your budget, scalability, time, and other specific needs.
But I will recommend it to you It is always a better option to set up your own email server, as it offers more control and services.
Thanks

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom