Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hello everyone

null_reflections

Legendary Coder
I was just looking for a forum on programming in particular, i already have a username on stack exchange and another computer related forum. I'm currently learning BASH scripting, and i'm interested in C/C++, assembly language, and practically all the web languages.

You've definitely come to the right place! I believe the site admin/owner actually has a few tutorials here on the site for free for you to browse through as far as C C# and C++ go. Any other programming languages, we have tons of experienced and knowledgeable people here who can help set you on the right track
Welcome to CodeForum!!

You've definitely come to the right place! I believe the site admin/owner actually has a few tutorials here on the site for free for you to browse through as far as C C# and C++ go. Any other programming languages, we have tons of experienced and knowledgeable people here who can help set you on the right track
Welcome to CodeForum!!
C# would be interesting, i'm past the beginner level (well sort of..) with the other c languages. I like bash because it's immediately useful on any most linux systems (with the exception of android..).

Welcome, @null_reflections!

Thank goodness I'm not the only weirdo with a strange interest in Assembler! I remember making a hello world program in it once but that was it - either way, would still love to learn it just for fun, yet I never make the time for it. C is my favorite language: clean, simple, portable - what else could you want?

Hope you enjoy your stay here at the site!

Welcome, @null_reflections!

Thank goodness I'm not the only weirdo with a strange interest in Assembler! I remember making a hello world program in it once but that was it - either way, would still love to learn it just for fun, yet I never make the time for it. C is my favorite language: clean, simple, portable - what else could you want?

Hope you enjoy your stay here at the site!
based on what i've read, assembly language is good to learn once you have a handle on C/C++...i learned some through a free book, but it has such little support as a programming language, to me there is something appealing about controlling the processor directly. I like the idea of using the C languages and HTML/CSS to make video games.

based on what i've read, assembly language is good to learn once you have a handle on C/C++...i learned some through a free book, but it has such little support as a programming language, to me there is something appealing about controlling the processor directly. I like the idea of using the C languages and HTML/CSS to make video games.
Yeah, like Lua, it's mostly designed to be used in conjunction with those languages, since they are high-level languages that with Assembler, can be used to interact with the processor - alternatively, it can be used on its own, but that takes some skill to write in(for some reason, aside from operating systems, the only thing written purely in Assembler that sticks out to me is the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES).

There are libraries and frameworks for making games with C, however, most games are written in either C++(which is used by Unreal and most in-house game engines) and C#(which is used by Unity and the MonoGame library); I have still to find a fully-fledged game engine that uses C and not any of its successors.

Yeah, like Lua, it's mostly designed to be used in conjunction with those languages, since they are high-level languages that with Assembler, can be used to interact with the processor - alternatively, it can be used on its own, but that takes some skill to write in(for some reason, aside from operating systems, the only thing written purely in Assembler that sticks out to me is the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES).

There are libraries and frameworks for making games with C, however, most games are written in either C++(which is used by Unreal and most in-house game engines) and C#(which is used by Unity and the MonoGame library); I have still to find a fully-fledged game engine that uses C and not any of its successors.
Roller coaster tycoon was apparently written in assembly, I liked playing that as a kid and teenager

Roller coaster tycoon was apparently written in assembly, I liked playing that as a kid and teenager
Well it shows the kind of things Assembler can do. Mind you, using Super Mario Bros. on the NES again: because the cartridges were so small, Assembler was really the only language for the job - any other language like C was too big to fit on the cartridges.

Makes me curious what makes Assembler so small when C is incredibly small too(provided you know what you're doing with the language).

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom