Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hello from Weboogle

Malcolm said:
He's trying to help but you keep rejecting his advice.
Exactly. And it's not only me, but also @Malcolm and others. But, you just don't listen to us. Here at CF, we mainly expect Members to take their Feedback into consideration. See what they can do to improve by using the most important bits of Feedback that they're able to apply.

But you're not doing that. You just keep on asking for ideas and then use some crappy Software and Webhost and call it a "Radio" or a "News-Station". Just stop. At this point, it's like Spam to my ears.

Exactly. And it's not only me, but also @Malcolm and others. But, you just don't listen to us. Here at CF, we mainly expect Members to take their Feedback into consideration. See what they can do to improve by using the most important bits of Feedback that they're able to apply.

But you're not doing that. You just keep on asking for ideas and then use some crappy Software and Webhost and call it a "Radio" or a "News-Station". Just stop. At this point, it's like Spam to my ears.
Work on a project and leave me alone. I don't need your advice. Peace 1

Privacy is a thing of the past. Some people don't know what's really going on in a company til you hear about.
much ignorance makes me speechless

And the reason a lot of people don't know about what a Company/Government is doing behind the scenes is because they don't read Privacy-Policies. I was once guilty of this but I do this all the time now.
It is also intentionally long and complicated so that it is not read and understood

@Weboogle
The way you provide your services is a slap in the face for all those who take their projects seriously and want to offer users the greatest possible freedom

Last edited:
This is reminding me of an asset flip game. Just taking other people's work/software and mashing it together into useless crap (COUGH COUGH Weboogle COUGH COUGH)
If you look around on the website and look at the URLs that are used for this website, he is using a bunch of other services. He pretty much has only written like 50 lines of code for this website, with the rest being all bought/free services (Forumotion https://www.forumotion.com/, unaux unaux.com, DUCKDUCKGO.com COUGH COUGH NOT MAKING YOUR SEARCH ENGINE COUGH COUGH, TickerTape.)

Weboogle, can you confirm that most of this is just copypaste/copying other software and just mashing it together and that this is just all a plot to make money by doing little to no work? Open source or not, it is rather sketchy and immoral to steal other people's work and combine all of it and call the final product your own while you never put any work into it. Are you even hosting this website? And to top it all of, you don't respect the user's privacy, most likely in exchange for money on your end. It's ironic because you use duckduckgo.com as your "own" search engine, but duckduckgo.com is privacy-centric, unlike your website... so unfitting.

This is probably a plot to mine/sell user data for some malicious/greed centric purpose. If I were to register a user profile on your http://weboogle.unaux.com/plus/join section, where would that data go? Would it be stored in a list for the use of cracking passwords? Would the username/email and password combo be checked against a list of websites to find accounts that you can get into (combo checking)? The whole site looks like a template with a few things changed. And there's a sign in with facebook button... Nope. I wouldn't trust this website with my IP address, let alone an OAuth connection with my Facebook Account full of all my data.

It's all just sketchy...

Privacy is a thing of the past. Some people don't know what's really going on in a company til you hear about.
I do listen to feedback and think how can I make it better, but since I know what I am doing - I can ignore some feedback.
This is a dumb statement. User data should stay private, even if a company keeps its user data sharing a secret. Privacy should be a human right, not a thing that can be thrown out the door. How would you like it if I had your name, email, and password? Would you like to share the names of all of your relatives and their facebook accounts with me? Nope. And if you don't want your data being shared, why should you be allowed to do it to us? Treat your user's data as you would like a large company to treat your data.

What I am trying to say is that you, Weboogle, give off a very corporate vibe. As a coder on codeforum.org, you should not be getting ahead of yourself like this. Open-source coders are a big family of problem solvers, but you seem to be distanced from this group. You seem to be avoiding any communication, feedback, or teamwork, all of which are the root of being an open-source coder. If there were no communication in the open-source community, all projects would go in the wrong direction. If you keep acting the way you are acting, then your project will fail. There is genuinely no such thing as a one-person team, as a given one-person team has to accept feedback whenever they can as they only can go off their tastes and opinions, such as your unpopular and immoral opinions of privacy.

Things will not end well for you if you keep doing this. Rethink your direction in your career of programming. Are you here for the money and gain no joy or have no passion for programming? Then choose a different job, for your own sake. I do not mean to remove you from your programming career, but if you feel like you have no passion for programming, then quit. Go with what you want to do and don't let economic gain determine what your career is. For me, programming has good salaries, and I feel joy when I code/develop apps since I am solving problems and therefore have a meaning to my life. But, money cannot make happiness as per a sport or passion does when you meet a goal or fix a problem. If programming gives you joy, please consider the feedback and support people give you as it is the key to finding fixes to user experience (lack of user privacy) or bugs that your program/website has. Fixing problems is the core of coding, and if you reject the key to it (feedback, support, and teamwork) nothing will go well for you. I hope you fix your direction in your programming career and have an open mind.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
William Boycher

Last edited:
Weboogle said:
Work on a project and leave me alone. I don't need your advice.
No. I have got ideas for Projects but I don't plan on working on anything until after Christmas. Besides, I'm trying to help @Malcolm with stuff and at the same time, trying to help you learn the core Languages of the Web. But, you keep on refusing my advice and the advice of others. Which is rude and ignorant.

Tealk said:
It is also intentionally long and complicated so that it is not read and understood
Ah yeah, there is that too for Privacy Policies and Terms of Services. It's only people like us that read those Policies and that's how we then know what's going on behind the scenes. But, the issue with them is that they're extremely vague Policies which poses an issue as to whether they're telling the truth or not.

wboycher said:
This is reminding me of an asset flip game. Just taking other people's work/software and mashing it together into useless crap (COUGH COUGH Weboogle COUGH COUGH)
If you look around on the website and look at the URLs that are used for this website, he is using a bunch of other services. He pretty much has only written like 50 lines of code for this website, with the rest being all bought/free services (Forumotion https://www.forumotion.com/, unaux unaux.com, DUCKDUCKGO.com COUGH COUGH NOT MAKING YOUR SEARCH ENGINE COUGH COUGH, TickerTape.)
Now that you say that, it now is reminding me of an Asset-Flip. But, the Services that he uses are designed to be used by others in case they can't set-up things on their own. Not for profiting off of them and claiming that it's your "own". I also do not believe that he has written 50 lines of code. There's no way. If there is code then the only possible explanation is that he just used the snippets of code provided by Embedded-Services. I also do not believe that he has payed for anything as from what I've seen, every Service that he has used is provided for free.

wboycher said:
Weboogle, can you confirm that most of this is just copypaste/copying other software and just mashing it together and that this is just all a plot to make money by doing little to no work? Open source or not, it is rather sketchy and immoral to steal other people's work and combine all of it and call the final product your own while you never put any work into it.
He more than likely is going to deny it. I do feel like he's trying to do it for money but if so then he's doing a terrible job of it. I haven't seen any Ads but that's because I have a bunch of Privacy-Extensions installed to prevent these Ads from being shown. He also can't Open-Source any of his stuff because Providers like Forumotion.com are proprietary yet provide Open-Source Software for usage.

wboycher said:
And to top it all of, you don't respect the user's privacy, most likely in exchange for money on your end. It's ironic because you use duckduckgo.com as your "own" search engine, but duckduckgo.com is privacy-centric, unlike your website... so unfitting.
The fact that he doesn't care about Privacy and calls it "a thing of the past", is extremely worrying, ignorant and suspicious. Privacy is something that's becoming an increasing problem in today's world with the Internet, IoT Devices and Computers/Smartphones. Another thing is that, I don't think he stores any of our Data but rather the Provider that's doing all the hosting for him is taking all of our Data. And the fact that the Sites have no Security-Certificates is also extremely worrying.

wboycher said:
This is a dumb statement. User data should stay private, even if a company keeps its user data sharing a secret. Privacy should be a human right, not a thing that can be thrown out the door. How would you like it if I had your name, email, and password? Would you like to share the names of all of your relatives and their facebook accounts with me? Nope. And if you don't want your data being shared, why should you be allowed to do it to us? Treat your user's data as you would like a large company to treat your data.
It is a dumb statement by large. I don't believe that he would like to share his Name, Address/Location, Country, Job, DoB/Age or any of that stuff with anyone else yet he thinks it's okay for others to share it. Which is in no way right at all.

The fact that he doesn't care about User-Data is as I said, extremely worrying and suspicious. It makes you wonder how he would feel if we were a big corporation/website trying to grab every single bit of Data we can about him and sell it off to third-parties to serve him Ads and get money in exchange.

wboycher said:
What I am trying to say is that you, Weboogle, give off a very corporate vibe. As a coder on codeforum.org, you should not be getting ahead of yourself like this. Open-source coders are a big family of problem solvers, but you seem to be distanced from this group. You seem to be avoiding any communication, feedback, or teamwork, all of which are the root of being an open-source coder. If there were no communication in the open-source community, all projects would go in the wrong direction. If you keep acting the way you are acting, then your project will fail. There is genuinely no such thing as a one-person team, as a given one-person team has to accept feedback whenever they can as they only can go off their tastes and opinions, such as your unpopular and immoral opinions of privacy.
I never also thought of him giving off a "Corporate Vibe" but now that you say that, I'm also having that vibe too.

If you haven't seen any of his previous Posts/Threads then just look at the Desktop, Mobile and Web-Development Boards and you'll get an idea of what he's like. He's trying to steal ideas from popular Sites and Applications like Reddit, Spotify and even asked about creating a P2P Service which I strongly discouraged on my old Account.

Then, he grabs a Service like Forumotion.com, choose what piece of Software he wants from the Provider and then calls it a bloody day and promotes it. But with all of the ideas he's trying to get, it also makes you wonder what on Earth is he exactly trying to do.

wboycher said:
Things will not end well for you if you keep doing this. Rethink your direction in your career of programming. Are you here for the money and gain no joy or have no passion for programming? Then choose a different job, for your own sake. I do not mean to remove you from your programming career, but if you feel like you have no passion for programming, then quit. Go with what you want to do and don't let economic gain determine what your career is. For me, programming has good salaries, and I feel joy when I code/develop apps since I am solving problems and therefore have a meaning to my life. But, money cannot make happiness as per a sport or passion does when you meet a goal or fix a problem.
I've also told him that he won't be able to get a career in Web-Development if he keeps ignoring feedback, advice and links to tutorials that will help him get a career in Web-Development(If that's generally what he wants to pursue). I also question why he's here on CF anyway as he's stayed away from all of the Programming-related aspects of it. Not once has he been involved in a single Programming thread.

He generally just posts things like "[Language] is interesting" or "Why that? lol." And it proves to be confusing and annoying as he's not contributing much at all.

It's clear that he's just in for the large salaries that Programmers get rather than enjoying it and trying to learn about it. Not at all has he showed interest in it, which is why he's not involved in any Programming-related threads.

I think at this point that he should either quit or stay, learn how to write code and accept and take feedback and get involved more with the Community. That is his choice and either choice is acceptable and welcome. But, whatever choice he takes, will make an impact both here and on his life and career.

I also believe that this thread is getting out-of-hand and thus' should be closed. I generally want to avoid getting into trouble and I also want others to avoid trouble too. So, @Malcolm. Please, close this Thread before disaster strikes.

Ah yeah, there is that too for Privacy Policies and Terms of Services. It's only people like us that read those Policies and that's how we then know what's going on behind the scenes. But, the issue with them is that they're extremely vague Policies which poses an issue as to whether they're telling the truth or not.
We cannot know, we can only trust that the truth is told or speculate. Although the latter is more likely.

And you really have too much time if you can write text blocks like this :laugh: Especially with the knowledge that @Weboogle will ignore it for 99%.

Tealk said:
We cannot know, we can only trust that the truth is told or speculate. Although the latter is more likely.
Heh. True.

Tealk said:
And you really have too much time if you can write text blocks like this :laugh: Especially with the knowledge that @Weboogle will ignore it for 99%.
Well, first of all, it's Christmas so of course I'm gonna have too much time on my hands. Second of all, this Post just reminded me that I'm currently working on something for @Malcolm. And yeah, I do generally know that @Weboogle is going to ignore everything that I say. Even if it's valid and important.

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom