Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hellowthere

My name is blobbdaUser3. I am into c++. Today i have joined codeforum. I have been very engrossed, in the last few months, with coding in general;
But i've been coding for longer. I don't do much other-things except work with my family and then work on the computer.
I would like to find other people to work with, as the constant chatter of my own thoughts could benefit from a real, like-minded person.
As such, don't hesitate to link up with me by replying here, as I'm exploring the forum, for we are likely to find common topics on the matter.
There's no specific goal other than progressing each others c++ capabilities. That is all

Welcome blobbdaUser3,

C++ (And C) are my favorite programming languages, so I would not mind helping you if you ever need it!
Ty very much tomy! Im happy u responded, and i do need assistance with something; are you familiar with stb image library? At this time, its been the current dilemma. I can say ive been comparing and contrasting between how its used in several tutorials as well as in the communities github repos... What happens is, i run CodeBlocks and a simple *black square is drawn to the screen. That black square is void of the two textures represented in this tutorial https://learnopengl.com/Getting-started/Textures
I've not changed anything other than what is represented there. I receive no errors, but a couple warnings do show. Something about out_size & delays_size being set but not used... To me they arent warnings i find directly informative.

I have a lot of experience with OpenGL, but I have not used std image library. I often use SFML which directly provides image loading functionnalities.

How much experience do you have with C++? Using OpenGL is quite advanced. With OpenGL, when something goes wrong, it can be a lot of things...

What is the code of your shaders? By the way, if you have a question, please create a thread for it ;).

Last edited:
I have a lot of experience with OpenGL, but I have not used std image library. I often use SFML which directly provides image loading functionnalities.

How much experience do you have with C++? Using OpenGL is quite advanced. With OpenGL, when something goes wrong, it can be a lot of things...

What is the code of your shaders? By the way, if you have a question, please create a thread for it ;).
Let me get back to you on that. I came up with a few ideas im going to explore. I agree with, it is all quite advanced. Luckily ive found you, as well as this community. Because it is difficult to have only the sound of my own thoughts looming back. Now they have a place to ricochet around.

Update: i feel like i tried every combination of every function parameter in the gl.h. Unless i wanna find out what correcting for bad huffman entails, ill probably explore sfml or one of the many other texture derivers.

I'll compose a question in a thread soon; whence i reach that part!... (*wipes sweat).

I do not mind helping if you provide more details. Are you sure the problem is with the image loading and not on the OpenGL side? Can you color the square in red using the Fragment shader? Are you using SDL? Does it work if you load the image from a 'bmp' file using SDL?

Create a thread and post your C++ and GLSL code!

Last edited:
I do not mind helping if you provide more details. Are you sure the problem is with the image loading and not on the OpenGL side? Can you color the square in red using the Fragment shader? Are you using SDL? Does it work if you load the image from a 'bmp' file using SDL?

Create a thread and post your C++ and GLSL code!
im a dum-dum. I had to put the image files with the executable's folder. It now works.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom