Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help with something

Frags

New Coder
So, I’ve come across names on rainbow six siege that have special characters in them. It is impossible to do so without some special program I think. Any advice to figure out how to make an account? My ideas are somehow bypassing the special character filter on, https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/
Or i could go into game files and somehow change it there. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
 
Hello Frags,

I do not understand? You mean that you want to use special characters for your account name? If this is an online game, I doubt changing the files of your game would do anything as the servers will check the name on their side.
Which characters are not allowed? If they are language-specific characters, maybe using a client using that language would make it possible to use them?
 
Hello Frags,

I do not understand? You mean that you want to use special characters for your account name? If this is an online game, I doubt changing the files of your game would do anything as the servers will check the name on their side.
Which characters are not allowed? If they are language-specific characters, maybe using a client using that language would make it possible to use them?
Hello, as shown below these are the guides for a name. I’ve seen a couple accounts with the name “$atan” and single number names. I’m wondering how I could make a name like that. I think I need to bypass some sort of filter when creating the account which is where I’m stuck. Thanks.C2C86BB4-BEFD-40D5-8E7C-273A9A0CAE8D.png
 
I do not see any way you could bypass those requirements. The accounts you are talking about may have been created before those requirements have been added.
Even if you find a way to bypass those requirements on the webpage (Which is not really hard) and send the username anyway, it will be refused by their servers.
 
If this is an online game, I doubt changing the files of your game would do anything as the servers will check the name on their side.
I'm sure this is what would happen. Rainbow Six is an online-only game that requires a Ubisoft account. In this case, any sort of modding would go against its TOS, regardless of what the mod does.

@Frags, I wouldn't waste your time with trying to modify an online game. You can read Ubisoft's TOS, here: https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/en-US

Scrolling down, it does not permit modding that "provides a disadvantage to others", but I'd expect them to forbid any kind of modding, again, regardless of what it does. If there are other usernames with special characters in them which are now forbidden, it is more than likely because such restrictions didn't exist at the time of the account's creation, and Ubisoft more than likely did not want to be tampering with accounts after implementing the restrictions.

As @LTomy says, the new username will be refused by their servers and if you were somehow able to bypass the restrictions, trying to enter the username when logging in or even just trying to play the game, may cause issues(I doubt it will if there are still accounts with special characters still logging in).
 
Back
Top Bottom