Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
IMO, I think free hosts can be useful if you are new to website building or looking to experiment and learn.

You could use a free host to have a "dummy site" that you can use to learn how to create and maintain a website, in other words, "get your feet wet."

This way when you are ready, you can move off free hosting and host on a paid hosting package.

I haven't had anything to do with free hosters for a long time. Currently hosting packages are so cheap that it is uninteresting. I get for 2€ per month SSH access, 1 domain included and 50 GB SSD space.

In the past it was always like this that free hoster included advertising and they were mostly very slow. Also the security of the website wasn't very high because you didn't have any settings.

Well what I meant was you could use a free host to practice with, until you got comfortable enough to go live with your site. This way (with the free host), if it doesn't work out, IMO at least, you aren't out any money.

using a free host is a bad idea, specially when your project is good.
If you believe your project is good, you can buy any reliable cheap hosting plan to start it.

For doing experiments, free hosting might be a good option as you can connect with your project team from all over world on that free host.

but you can also simply create a share on a paid host that everyone can access without having access to the rest of it.

think free hosts are now unnecessary

Back
Top Bottom