Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TheJason

Active Coder
Free hosting might be O.K. for a site that gets little traffic. However, though, it simply cannot handle a decent amount of traffic. On top of that, it surely cannot handle what a VPS is normally used for!

However, though, the exception might be ad-supported free hosting. However, who wants other people's ads on their site? In fact, ads, even from the owner are becoming something that annoy viewers.

free hosts are notorious for long periods of downtime meaning your site literally will not be available at certain time. Which is always sure to frustrate the hell out of you.

Free web hosts are almost a non starter for me servers are often overcrowded and slow plus they make up the costs by placing ads on your site that in no way benefit you or by pushing upgrades toy can get pretty great hosting for around 3-7 dollars a month if you wanna do anything online low or high traffic really doesn't matter in life ya get exactly what you pay dor same is true for hosting

well for example our intermediate plan is $7.95 USD on shared and get the following

UNLIMITED Raid Protected Pure SSD Web Storage
- UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH
- FREE DOMAIN NAME or Transfer (see TOS for terms)
- Host UNLIMITED WEBSITES (via add-on domain feature)
- Complimentary Email Service @YourDomain.com
- FREE SSL's via Lets Encrypt (for optimum security)
- FREE Website Builder (Easy to use Drag and Drop site builder With over 260 modern themes to build your website with, no experience necessary).
- FREE Website Migrations (some restrictions may apply)

so point is if you can not afford a few dollars for a project maybe wait until you can rather then risk damaging your image or project via free services

I wouldn't use free hosting myself basically because I know hosts that can get me all you need for around $10/year. It's about as good as it gets. I would fork over a bit extra for the dedicated space and so forth. However I currently run my site on a VPS and have had no problems for around 2 years I've been using my host.

Free hosting is Shared hosting, which is used where there are other users sharing their resources and the services between each other. This is also known as virtual hosting as it provides the services to host the files on the web.

I have nothing against free hosting because it's great for beginners and small projects. But after using paid hosting, you really can't go back. And with a lot of hosting companies having competitive prices, it really is affordable most of the time.

I have never had a problem with free hosting, i think some people are just to one sided about it really. I have a free hosted board and have had a great deal of activity on them and never had a problem,. Down time hardly ever, and the board i have now handles what i heed it for perfectly, i can manually back up, i can do quite a few things that paid hosts have to offer. I think this notion about free hosting is over exaggerated in a way. Well over a decade have i used free hosting, i have also been staff on hosted sites.

“Best” Free Web Hosting Sites (2019)

1. Hostinger.com. The Best “Almost-Free” Hosting ($1.45/mo)
2. 000WebHost.com. $0/mo – But 1 Hour Offline Each Day
3. InfinityFree.net. Most Unlimited Features
4. x10Hosting.com. No Email Accounts Included
5. AwardSpace.com. Sub-domain included
6. FreeHosting.com
7. FreeHostia.com

Nothing wrong with "being the product". I mean, there's no "free lunch"; some trade-off is expected. Anyhow, though, I don't like other people's ads on my websites. In fact, I don't even like ads at all!

Last edited:
Are there any specific free hosting sites that you refer to regarding this? I know that they aren't great but usually they have somewhat decent reliability and uptime because I've never known for any free host to be down all the time

I haven't actually, what are their specifications? E.g. disk space, limitations etc?

While you don't get much in the way of disk space (1GB), toy do get very high uptime, and speed. You also get security, version control and free HTTPS

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom