Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fun activity How many languages do y'all know?

How many languages do you know?

  • 2

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

Johna

Frontend Developer
Staff Team
Guardian
I'm just wondering how common it is for people to know more that 1 language (I mean speaking language not coding language XD).

My main language is English (as you might have guessed), and I know a little bit of Dutch and French.

Dutch is kinda supposed to be my first language, cause I was born there, and my father is Dutch, but we moved away a few years later (I don't really know, maybe 1 or 2?), so I never properly got to learn it, and I kinda forgot a lot of it.

Then French I was learning for IGCSE, but then I stopped learning it and did Add Maths instead of French.

I started learning a bit of Swedish, but just stopped shortly after, and I plan on strengthening my Dutch after I finish my exams this year.


So you could kinda say I know 3, but only speak 1 fluently, but I'll just say 3 so it looks like I know more languages XD
 
Last edited:
Ill do speak finnish as my native language but i have had pretty good english skills since i was like 6 years old. Back then, no computer books in finnish, so you had to learn the english. Today i use english due my work like daily basis.

I did study estonian and got grade B+ or something which makes me good enough for some smalltalk and decent work vobucalirity. Though, i have mostly forgot the estonian language.

Swedish is mandatory language in finnish schools to learn. I did pass it, but never spoke it. I might remember like 5 words of it.
 
I almost thought that was programming languages, maybe there should be one for that.
I know English, Spanish, and Latin.
Dead language, so is that 2 or 3?
X E.
 
You had me too, I only speak 1 language, but I'm interested in learning Spanish and French 🙂
 
Back
Top Bottom