Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How To Jumpstart User Activity?

subtalks

New Coder
Hey everyone,

We launched a mobile app that gets revenue mainly from ads. Usage and ad impressions were growing steadily but lately kind of plateaued. Looking for ways to jump-start user activity. Been considering a points system with levels and badges to stimulate user activity. Currently Swift 4 on a ParseOS backend but working on a React native version so we can compile to Android. Does anyone know of any libraries already designed to implement something like this (swift or react)?

Thanks

Honestly, I'm not able to suggest any libraries since these are all technologies I'm not overly familiar with.

What kind of app do you have? I read an interesting book (Hooked by Nir Eyal) that basically talked about strategies of moving your users towards habit-based use. Using different triggers to cause a behaviour change in how they use your app. For example, have you considered using notifications as a way of prompting users to return?

Honestly, without knowing more about your app, my main recommendation would be to amp up the notifications and make sure every user is messaged/replied to frequently (by you or someone on your team) until it gains traction and is full of social engagements on its own.

If your app would benefit from mini games, then that might be an interesting way to keep people logging in.

Monthly competitions with rewards (if you have the $ for it) can encourage people to be more active.

Daily or weekly newsletters either via email, text, Facebook, Twitter, etc (with read more links prompting them to log in to the app to read more) might be helpful.

There are loads of ideas, but without knowing more about your specific app it's very hard to give you advice.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom