Welcome to Code Forum!

Join a community that supports you and your coding journey from day one. We strive to be a friendly, supportive community that empowers everyone to be better developers. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

    GIF shows where to locate </> in the thread and or post editor toolbar.
    To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, review our "How to post your code into threads" here.

    Thank you, Code Forum.

how to position divs according to width without media query

mdavid

Coder
Hi, I have a 3 column layout widths are:
1. 30% 2. 30% 3. 30%.
On screens < 900px I want them to appear:

1. 45% 3. 45%
<---2. 90%--->

I want to do this without media queries. Any suggestions?
I just started to look as css clamp() and was wondering if I could use it
to change size of div according to viewport size. Is this possible? How?
Any help much appreciated
 
Hi, I have a 3 column layout widths are:
1. 30% 2. 30% 3. 30%.
On screens < 900px I want them to appear:

1. 45% 3. 45%
<---2. 90%--->

I want to do this without media queries. Any suggestions?
I just started to look as css clamp() and was wondering if I could use it
to change size of div according to viewport size. Is this possible? How?
Any help much appreciated
Hi there,
So what you may want to do is use media breakpoints:
 
Hi, I have a 3 column layout widths are:
1. 30% 2. 30% 3. 30%.
On screens < 900px I want them to appear:

1. 45% 3. 45%
<---2. 90%--->

I want to do this without media queries. Any suggestions?
I just started to look as css clamp() and was wondering if I could use it
to change size of div according to viewport size. Is this possible? How?
Any help much appreciated
clamp() will be a lot more cryptic than @media..
 
I found I can replace @media query with @container query. So below css changes grid layout between mobile portrait and landscape.
Code:
.cq-container  /* container for grid */
 {
  container-type: inline-size;
}
.grid {
    display: grid;
    grid-template-columns: 1fr 1.5fr 1fr;
    grid-template-rows: 1fr 1fr 1fr 1fr 1fr;
    grid-gap:10px;
    height: calc(100vh - 10px);
      }
@container (max-width: 450px) {
    
 .grid {
        grid-template-columns: 1fr;
        grid-auto-rows: 1fr   
    }
}
 
Back
Top Bottom