Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

C# How to update controller method for inline editing Kendo UI jQuery

feffernoogan

New Coder
Hello, I have recently completed this online tutorial: Get started with ASP.NET Core MVC https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/a...rt-mvc?view=aspnetcore-6.0&tabs=visual-studio
Additionally, I have converted the UI into a Kendo UI grid using jQuery. I am trying to add some additional features such as inline editing. I have updated my code to reflect the 'transpose' criteria - read, update, create, and destroy. However, I am having difficulty writing the code needed for 'update' method of the controller (to start). Any help is much appreciated.

This URL contains what I am trying to achieve - https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/editing-inline

This is what I have so far (this code also includes Movies_Read method - I need assistance with the Movies_Update method):
C#:
public async Task<IActionResult> Movies_Read(DataSourceRequest request)
        {
            var movies = _context.Movie.ToList();

DataSourceResult result = new DataSourceResult();
            result.Data = movies.AsQueryable();
            result.Total = movies.Count;

return Json(new
            {
                data = result,
            });
        }

// POST: Movies_Update
        [HttpPost] // All the methods that create, edit, delete, or otherwise modify data do so in the[HttpPost] overload of the method
        public async Task<IActionResult> Movies_Update([DataSourceRequest] DataSourceRequest request, Movie movie)
        {

}

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom