Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me How to use Code Forum to its intended purpose

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
Hello Coders,

I just wanted to go over Code Forum's layout and how it is to be used properly. I will quickly go over what the forum sections are intended for so that you can get the most out of your journey here and Code Forum.

Code Forum has three main forum sections; Front-End Development Languages and Back-End Development.
  • Front-End Development Languages (I'll call this FED) is where you can find help for any client facing languages such as HTML, CSS and JavaScript in which you can ask questions, discuss topics relating to that language and share resources.
  • Back-End Developments (BED) are where you will find help for any server facing languages such as PHP, C#, C++, Java and so on.
  • Project Development is where you can find help for managing your projects to finding help for projects with multiple languages involved (e.g. HTML + CSS or C# + C++) or even game development questions regarding Unity, Unreal etc.
In addition to Code Forums, two main forum sections are; Computer, Server and Hardware Configurations and The Hub.
  • Computer, Server and Hardware Configurations is intended for getting help with all your server configurations to building your PC/Server or anything with a operating system.
  • The hub has two sides of it, one side is that it contains important information regarding Code Forum while on the other hand, it is also home to General Discussions relating to tech, and last but not least where you can introduce yourself to the community.
  • Resources is where you can upload your projects for the community to download (All resources must be approved) and posting tutorials.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

Last edited:
If you are ever unsure or confused, please don't hesitate to send me a message and I'll make sure your thread is either moved to the correct section or instruct you on where to create your new thread.

Using the correct sections not only helps you receive replies quickly, it also ensures other members and visitors can find what they are looking for. As Code Forum continues to grow, this will become even more important to our success and forum organization. If new sub-forums are created, we will really benefit from people using the correct prefixes/tags and forum areas. So, please don't hesitate to ask if you are confused!

Obviously there is some overlap / confusion with the generalized discussion areas and programming language forums, but it is important for us to make sure that Code Forum can be both a resource of questions/answers/tutorials while also having separate areas for multi-language development & more broad discussions.

(Not sure if I can Post here but I'll just say something anyway).

When Posting a Question in any of the Boards, be sure to explain it. What does the code do, what's the Issue etc.

Explaining your Post in great Detail helps others understand what you're saying a lot easier and you'll get a response a lot quicker. It will also save time for the Administrators and Moderators having to edit your Post.

If you need help with writing a Post, look at some Posts made by me, Malcolm or Ghost. We always write good Posts and they should help you get started with writing a Detailed-Post.

I posted this due to some Users not explaining things in their Posts. Always remember to write in good Detail.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom