Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ghost

Platinum Coder
I recently created a website status checker, similar to "is it down or up" or "down for everyone" type of services. It allows you to type in any web domain address, and my script will then attempt to connect to the site. It then will tell you whether any errors were detected. Hopefully some of you can find this useful :)

Some reasons to use this tool...
  • Find out if site is down for you, or everyone
  • Find out if you are fully ip-blocked by a server firewall or if site is down
  • For the heck of it
  • Test out our ability to detect connection / site errors, and possibly subscribe to our auto-checker & notification service

You can use our Wubur Website Status Checker tool to see if a website is not loading for everyone (or just you), or to check your own website(s). The tool is actually used for automating this checking process to notify people via text/email if their site goes down. However, this public facing page allows people to manually check a website as well.

While there are many others of these kinds of Sites, I do like it.

Maybe I'll Bookmark it and save me time having to look for one.

While there are many others of these kinds of Sites, I do like it.

Maybe I'll Bookmark it and save me time having to look for one.
Yeah this is really just a proof of concept for our automatic SMS/email notifications when a site goes down or has an error. We use it for clients that don't host with us or other people wanting notifications.

Very cool! @Ghost perhaps you could create a tutorial on how to make our own? :D
l would love to in due time, but it was rather complicated, I never fully finished mine, and it actually broke recently (we updated our servers) so I have to go back and rewrite code for PHP 7+ and some other server modules we swapped.

Not bad. This is a useful thing to have sometimes. Sometimes your browser cache might cause you problems. It can be sufficient to check to see if your site is just down for you, rather it might be up for everyone else and you won't know it. Great work.

New Threads

Latest posts

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom