Ideas

Ash

Coder
Apr 9, 2019
Programming your game is often considered as being the majority of the work and one of the hardest tasks. Most people tend to overestimate the work and time required to come up with ideas for your games. How do you go about brainstorming ideas? Do you like to look at other games for inspiration?

Tret

New Coder
Apr 23, 2019
Personally, I try to come up with one central theme to start off. For example, one night I had a weird dream that I was No-Face from the film Spirited Away, and I was working in a gas station while every time someone talked, it just came out sounding like Animal Crossing gibberish. To expand on my idea I looked to other games / concepts for inspiration. For my graphics theme, I looked to the Puppet Combo game called Night Shift. For gameplay, a Roblox game called Cleaning Simulator. I also thought it would be cool to have randomized events / endings to spice up the naturally mind numbing concept of stocking shelves all day, but this concept is a work in progress. I know most people don't like to flesh out ideas as they go along the process, but that's the way i'm doing mine haha.