Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mac vs Windows Vs Linux?

Malcolm

Administrator
Administrator
Staff Team
Code Plus
Company Plus
I currently use a Windows 10! I love using it, but I also do enjoy the others. What are your thoughts?

Windows 10 user here. Wondering when they are going to release a new Windows version. It's been some time since Windows 10 has released. Interesting in hearing about a possible Windows 11 or otherwise. If anyone has any info on that please share.

Windows 10 here too.. I've pretty much grown up with Windows since '95.

I've considered trying a Linux build (probably Ubuntu), but have never gotten around to it. A project for summer maybe? I'll either dual-boot my main laptop, or use an old laptop that I've salvaged from work..

Windows Fan-Boy right here!

I love the Windows Operating-System. I don't have a specific reason at the moment other than for just loving it. Now yes, there are inconsistincies with the UI and the Windows Updates(Luckily enough, as of the May 2019 Update for Windows 10, you can now delay Updates for up to 35 Days :D ).

Now I've never used a Mac(And I probably never will). They're just Over-Priced Crap that can do the same as a Windows PC but are designed for Productivity and Work/School related Tasks. Not to mention how Over-Rated they are(Just like every other Apple Product).

As for Linux, I am quite interested in it at the moment. I am going to see if I can get myself into Open-Source Development as I have a Github Account that has been sitting there in the dust since last Year. Now of course, I am quite scared in case I break my PC or mess up the Installation if I happen to be Dual-Booting and somehow accidentally install a Distro. I should also mention that I do play Games on Windows that aren't compatible with Linux.

I use windows 10. I have used linux in the past, but I don't stick with it because games that I play on windows, don't work on Linux.

I've never used a mac but would like to learn.

I have Linux (Pop!_OS) on my notebook and much prefer to work with it than with Windows. It runs faster and more stable and you can follow everything that happens in the console.
Linux is also more privacy friendly.

I have Windows10 on my main pc with a linux(Pop!_OS or Arch) always running as vm in the background. This will change soon, as I'm planning to switch to a dual boot system with cross vms or a complete virtualized enviorment with different os running.
My Laptop is a dual boot, as I have to use it as windows sometimes but most times I only use Pop!_OS on it.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom