Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Feedback McAfee WebAdvisor warnings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Platinum Coder
I recently browsed CF on another computer which had McAfee WebAdvisor installed. It's not the best as it false flags a lot of sites, so I did submit CodeForum for manual review by their team. Hopefully they will remove the risky assessment. It's flagged because users can share content whenever they want & also edit their posts, so they say there's a risk that some pages may have malicious code or downloads. It also flagged it for containing PUPs - potentially unwanted programs. They flagged the site because some discussions include download links to software. One way around this is to automatically use short URLs whenever someone posts a link to a website.

Anyways, I just wanted to mention it here because it might be worth checking to see what other security programs think of CF & submit the site for manual review on those sites/apps too if CF is flagged as risky. I hope McAfee will remove the security warning soon, but there's not much else you can do other than use short URLs for downloads/links to avoid the PUPs flag. The blog/wiki flag is for users being able to share/edit content freely, but that probably won't matter much once PUPs is removed.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I will also contact them, and contact other security systems to ensure that it isn’t popping up with warnings like it did with McAfree!

I’ll look into adding short URLs!

Edit: I have contacted McAFee - I submitted website for a review, this can take up to 3-5 business days to complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom