Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

My Old Project Is Up For Grabs Again.

D

Deleted member 205

Hey there.

A few months ago(Around June), I had made a post on my old account detailing a Project that I was giving away. It was an old Web-Project that I was doing for fun but never got very far due to my lack of knowing PHP or any Web-Scripting Language other than HTML and CSS. Eventually, it was picked-up by CodeForum.org but from then on, had an extremely bumpy ride.

But the thing is, I still have two copies of this Project. An old version from a few months back and a much more recent version from October which is more organized but has less Files and Programming done to it. But, I really only intend to give away the more recent Version(October Build in this case). If you really want the older Build before October then please specify that when we're working things out.

For those wondering what it is, it's called "WebWareBox". It's a piece of Web-Software powered by PHP that can be installed onto any Website. Once installed, the Users of that Site can then upload Files either it be .zip Files, Movies, Music, Videos, Images, Documents, anything. But as stated, earlier, it's had a really bumpy ride. When I was the only one working on it and it was Closed-Source, it had a really crappy early 2000's/late 90's look to it and was only done in HTML and CSS. No PHP, Java, Ruby or Python in it's Source. After it got picked-up and Open-Sourced by CodeForum.org, Development was going a bit better now, since I was working with others. But, due to issues with organizing Files and lack of PHP code, it caused an entire re-write to be done, which I went along and did all by myself. Then, I asked for CF to get rid of the Project as I hated working on it and never wanted it to exist again. I did try to revive the Project but that didn't go far either.

So, there you are. That's what the Project is and some history behind it. I don't believe that I have the right leadership-skills to take on a Project as big as this. Which is why I'm giving it away, completely free.

But, there are some Conditions:

• Project must have a Repository somewhere(GitHub or GitLab) and be put under a Free-Software License(Either, BSD 3-Clause or GPLv3).
  • Must be written in HTML, CSS, JS and PHP. But, if you decide to to write it in another Language such as Ruby or Python, please PM me with how you're going to write it in these Languages and what will be used when writing it in a different Language.
  • Must have good, well-written Documentation for Contributors and Users.
  • No Contributor Code-Of-Conduct. These are biased pieces of text that dictate how you should behave and censors freedom of speech. Don't use them. Please.
  • Never make any mention of my Name. Just don't.

These are the three Conditions that I ask you to follow when I give you the Source-Code and rights to this Project. I expect you to follow them.

Please PM me if you're interested in picking-up the Project. If you happen to need help with anything, I'm willing to lend a hand.

-
@Daniel.

Maybe it's because, they're people that I can trust, people I respect and people I know that will have the skills to take on this Project.

Anyone still want it? It's still available and the files are still gathering dust.

Just PM me if you're interested and we can work things out.

Hey everyone.

I would like to thank, @wboycher, for picking-up the Project. I'm extremely happy that someone has came and picked-up the Project and work from where I left off.

@wboycher, has many great plans and ideas for the Project. But, the first thing he's going to do is re-writing the Software in Python, which he'll need your help with. He'll also need your help with creating the UI/UX and Features of the Software.

You can all help him out at his new Repository, here: https://github.com/williamdev/WebWareBox

He'll also need help with writing Documentation for the Software and for Contributors to it. So, if you're good at Writing and great at your English, you may help him with Documentation. You may also help with Translating the Documentation written by others.

Good luck to @wboycher and everyone else who helps him! I cannot wait to see what you's all contribute to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We (Daniel and I) have created an organization for any projects that we create. If you want to join, the information on how to do so is here: https://pastebin.com/ZH4k2r9D
We think that by having more members, we can benefit from each other's feedback on each other's work. We cannot wait to see what you guys can do with our current project and the many more we will make collectively.

We (Daniel and I) have created an organization for any projects that we create. If you want to join, the information on how to do so is here: https://pastebin.com/ZH4k2r9D
We think that by having more members, we can benefit from each other's feedback on each other's work. We cannot wait to see what you guys can do with our current project and the many more we will make collectively.
That's awesome! Have you guys thought about future projects?

Not yet. We have made teams for different subjects and we have WindowsDevs and WebDevs. So, if you want to make a windows program-related repository (GUI programs and such) then you join that team.

Not yet. We have made teams for different subjects and we have WindowsDevs and WebDevs. So, if you want to make a windows program-related repository (GUI programs and such) then you join that team.
Seems interesting! Good luck with it! :)

Back
Top Bottom