Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

JavaScript Not sure what the problem is. Create row with input and a select. Input email, if match show options in select. Then repeat for new rows, not working.

exeq

New Coder
Hello, I'm new with codes. But for the last months I've been reading and started making some simple websites.

I'm adding rows with append, so users can input one email or the amount they want, if the email input box contains the name of the website or any name I choose @example.com y give options on the select next to it, if no match i show other options.

It works great for one email, the problem starts when u add rows.

I've red about binds i think this is the problem, but I'm not sure so thats why I ask help.

this is the code

HTML:
<style>
.groupa, .groupb, .groupa1, .groupb1, .groupa2, .groupb2, .groupa3, .groupb3, .groupa4,
.groupb4, .groupa5, .groupb5{
 display: none;
 }
</style>

<input class="btn btn-primary" type="button" id="addbutton" value="+ User" title="Add
more input rows">
<small id="rowHelp" class="form-text text-muted">Press button to add rows</small>
<br>
 <table class="thetable" id="usertable">
   <tr>
     <td><b>User email: </b></td>
     <td><b>User options:</b></td>
   </tr>
    //** Here you insert the append with a new input and new select **//    
 </table>

the js part

JavaScript:
// Append that will add a row with 1 email input and 1 selectbox
  var i = 1;
$("#addbutton").click(function () {
    $("#usertable").append('<tr>'+
    '<td><input class="form-control input-lg email'+i+'" type="email" name="mail[]"
required /></td>'+
    '<td>'+
      '<select class="form-select" name="role[]" required>'+
        '<option value=""></option>'+
       '<optgroup Class="groupa'+i+'" label="Group A options">'+
        '<option value="option1">option1</option>'+
        '<option value="option2">option2</option>'+
        '<option value="option3">option3</option>'+
       '</optgroup>'+
       '<optgroup class="groupb'+i+'" label="Group B options">'+
        '<option value="option4">option4</option>'+
        '<option value="option5">option5</option>'+
       '</optgroup>'+
      '</select>'+
    '</td>'+
  '<td><button type="button" class="removebutton" title="Remove this row">X</button>
   </td></tr>').find("input").each(function () {
  });
  i++;
  });;

$(document).on('click', 'button.removebutton', function () {
  $(this).closest('tr').remove();
  return false;
  });

// This should determinate the new input and the new select options, if the user inputs something with gmail give options, if not then gives others.
  $(".email"+i).on("keyup change", function() {
   if ($(this).val().match(/@example/i)){
     $(".groupa"+i).show();  
     $(".gruopb"+i).hide();
  } else {
     $(".groupa"+i).hide();
     $(".groupb"+i).show();
  }
  });

I've tried giving and ID to the table and binding the table but I'm not sure if this is how its done.

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom