Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Solved Operating-Systems Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan-Kode

Hey there.

So I'm quite interested in Operating-Systems and of course, Operating-Systems are built with Code. So I figured that CodeForum would be a great place to talk about Operating-Systems.

You could have one Board dedicated to porting your Software from one OS to another. Then maybe another Board about Linux.

I think it'd be quite neat and it could work out pretty well.

I think an Operating System's section could prove useful. People could use it (for example Linux) to discuss modifying a distribution or making their own or developing packages.

What if I were to add a sub-forum under Desktop Development called Operating System?

What if I were to add a sub-forum under Desktop Development called Operating System?
I think it could work if you were to add it under Desktop Development. I do think it would be much better to create an entirely seperate Category for Operating-Systems and then have a Board in that Category for Microsoft Windows, MacOS X, Linux, BSD etc.

See the problem is if I create an entirely new forum node dedicated to operating systems it may not get used. Do you guys plan on posting in this board frequently?

See the problem is if I create an entirely new forum node dedicated to operating systems it may not get used. Do you guys plan on posting in this board frequently?
I myself would use it a lot as I'm quite interested in Operating-Systems and I'd quite like to discuss them with others. What about any Linux-Users on this Forum? I'm sure they would benefit a lot from a Board dedicated to Linux and they would most likely use it a lot.

I'm sure there are a lot of other Users on this Forum that would use it but if it doesn't work out then that's when it's best to merge it with the Desktop Development Board(To go over what I just said: Do not merge it with Desktop Development just yet. Try a new Forum-Node dedicated to it first then if it doesn't get used often then that's when you can merge it with Dekstop Development).

I have added Operating Systems with the following forums inside: Windows, Linux, MacOS and other. You can visit it by clicking here.

I'm going to leave it up for a little bit, If there's not a lot of activity I'll merge operating systems with Desktop Applications.

This has been implemented. Thread locked and marked as 'Implemented'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom