Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Guest, before posting your code please take these rules into consideration:
    • It is required to use our BBCode feature to display your code. While within the editor click < / > or >_ and place your code within the BB Code prompt. This helps others with finding a solution by making it easier to read and easier to copy.
    • You can also use markdown to share your code. When using markdown your code will be automatically converted to BBCode. For help with markdown check out the markdown guide.
    • Don't share a wall of code. All we want is the problem area, the code related to your issue.

To learn more about how to use our BBCode feature, please click here.

Thank you, Code Forum.

PHP Print form to PDF for B&B

iamnewtothis

New Coder
Ignore all the wrong terms used and im hear to clear up anything misunderstood; going to be uploading a workflow on imgur and attaching it here so its easier to understand! Thanks in advance

I've a friend who runs a B&B and spends all day calculating costs and making packages for prospective clients. I want to make their life easy by developing an application that I could host on my website. I've no coding knowledge but id love to help them by making this for them.The application basically takes user input for:a) the Check-In and Check-Out Dates, 1) Verify if its a weekday or weekend based on that have a different rate (For example: Mon-Thurs 170 and Fri-Sun 200) b) the number of Guests, 1) if the guests are over 10, (i) each additional guest is charged, (ii) which is a rate based on whether its a weekend or weekdayc) the choice of whether the Guest would like a Meal Package, (i) If yes and veg then an additional charge; (ii) if yes and non veg then an additional chargeThen the app could just show the user an invoice (Predesigned template) with their given details and their total cost.I started developing what i could in Bubble (online coding platform) but it seems like they don't have the provision to "print" the invoice (unless it does and im doing something wrong)I've made the workflows and im learning as i go but the end goal should be the printing on the predesigned template (which Bubble doesnt seem to allow); is there anyway i can make this application and then have it work on my website?

Hi @iamnewtothis and welcome to Code Forum! No worries about being a beginner and thanks for your very detailed post :)

The best, and simplest, way I think this could work is through creating a simple HTML form with the input fields you've mentioned. Some things like determining different rates would be done with conditional statements and potentially using SQL as a backend database with all the data, and then using a tool like fdpf (http://www.fpdf.org) that converts the final form submission into a PDF template and opens it in a new window. The user could then print that in their browser as they would any other document/webpage, or save an electronic copy to their local drive/machine.

This would require some knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP and a backend language like SQL though. I'm not all too familiar with Bubble I'm afraid

New Threads

Buy us a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom